November 2014 Weddings

bride/groom gifts

Have you decided to exchange gifts? What did you pick up for your groom? Do you know what he got for you?

FI was really bad with this. He works at a jewlery store so most of the things he gets me are jewlery. I told him Iwanted something sentimental and tossed ideas of watches, pearls ect and i feel like he got me a pearl necklace and a watch or bracelet.

I got him a watch he's been eyeing and wanting for YEARS! I also had it engraved on the back "love you until the end of time+wedding date" I know he's going to love the watch.

Re: bride/groom gifts

• I think we ultimately have decided not to get wedding gifts for each other.  I really wanted to use the wedding as an excuse to splurge on a watch for him but I think I'm going to save that for Christmas instead. 

I love the idea of sentimental gifts- my sister still wears the bracelet her DH gave her as a wedding gift 7 years ago. I think an engraved watch is a classic choice and a classic never dies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would love to get FI a gift, but I don't know what to get him.  He's not really a jewelry guy, and he already has one nice watch and one sports watch.  I was thinking of getting him a middle of the road watch to wear when he wants to dress up more, but doesn't want to wear his super fancy watch.  I like the thought of engraving it, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been thinking on this too.  I don't think we'll do gifts... we're paying to go on a honeymoon so maybe that should just be our gift to ourselves.  It is tough, his birthday is next week and then Christmas is coming up, with the wedding smooshed in the middle.  So, I'm going with the honeymoon thing.
  • I think FI and I decided that from now on, our gifts to each other will be books with notes written in the blank pages. We're both readers, he's an English teacher, so we'd like to start building our library. I think i'm going to get him either a cool old copy of The Count of Monte Cristo from half-price books, or the "classic" version Barnes and Noble sells if I can't find a good one at Half-Price. I REALLY hope he gets me the 30th Anniversary edition of The Princess Bride.
  • I think FI and I decided that from now on, our gifts to each other will be books with notes written in the blank pages. We're both readers, he's an English teacher, so we'd like to start building our library. I think i'm going to get him either a cool old copy of The Count of Monte Cristo from half-price books, or the "classic" version Barnes and Noble sells if I can't find a good one at Half-Price. I REALLY hope he gets me the 30th Anniversary edition of The Princess Bride.
    I absolutely LOVE this idea!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're geeks.  We each got Nintendo 3DS XL's the other day.  I'm considering this as our gift to each other because a couple that games together, stays together ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I bought my FI monogrammed cufflinks and the engraved pocket watch that he got his groomsmen (because I knew he'd kick himself for not getting it). He already told me that he got me the jewelry that I'm wearing on my wedding day (whoops -- but not being able to keep secrets is a good trait!). Not sure if he'll surprise me with anything else, but we're keeping it low-key. Would rather spend money on a couples' massage or a fun honeymoon experience!
  • I don't think we're going to give gifts. I get him books for birthday/Christmas/random and he's not much of a jewelry person. There's really not too much that either of us want but don't have, that isn't insanely expensive. I may just write him a little love letter.

@goldchocobo I love the flask idea! I keep saying that I'm going to bring a flask with my coconut rum to the wedding to relax me (no liquor allowed) but I doubt I'll do it, for the fear of getting in trouble. I also joke about having a daily drink on my lunch break at work, which a flask would be super handy for, but I'd probably smell like alcohol and get customer complaints/fired.

• I found a watch that FI really liked.. and I got a great deal on it! (Woot!)

It's a Shinola watch.. and it's awesome.

Don't mind me being a total AW.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hikebikebemerry I love the green and white!

• @hikebikebemerry I love the green and white!

Thanks!  FI had picked it out from several.

I really liked that Shinola is made in Detroit and putting a lot of people who were laid off from car manufacturers back to work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards