Oregon
Options

DJ vs. IPod playlist?

Hi everyone I just wanted to get  your opinions on this.
 My FI and I are thinking on just having a pretty laid back reception and low key. For lack of money i think that this is the best solution for us. That and neither or our families are the big formal ceremony types. So I was thinking of just having our reception at a park or something like that. And I don't think we will need a DJ my sister had a DJ at her wedding and no one really danced or anything. Neither families are big drinkers so we won't have alcohol and i think that is what gives people the courage to dance. Anyway what do you all think about instead of having a DJ just making a IPod or whatever playlist for music at the reception. That way the traditional dances can still happen but if no one else wants to dance its not a waste of money. I was just wondering on how you all feel. Thanks

August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ vs. IPod playlist?

• Options
    LeslieAnn23LeslieAnn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Based on what you just described, i think an Ipod playlist will work great!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    monica93555monica93555 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I were you then I would go with doing the IPod!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amy5581amy5581 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing an IPod playlist as well at our garden wedding next summer.  We figure it's a great way to save money and "our" music will be played.  For us this day is very special and our personalities will be reflected in the music.  Anyways, GREAT IDEA!
  • Options
    sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did an iPod reception....it was perfect. We too were on a low budget, and didn't serve booze.  It was very laid back, but very nice to have music playing in the background :D
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I'm definitley doing the ipod thing thanks for all of your opinions. Now to just figure out where to hold the reception lol.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards