Oregon

Woodsy venues near Portland

Does anyone have any budget friendly venue suggestions for a woodsy wedding within an hour of portland? I've looked at Jenkins Estate and Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, but I'm hoping to find something more forested. We're thinking summer 2011.

Re: Woodsy venues near Portland

• DND2010DND2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Bridal Veil Lakes? It is not far from Multnomah falls. Here is a link.
    http://www.bridalveillakes.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married indoors at the World Forestry Center in November but I think they have some 'outdoor' type areas. Might check them out. The buildings inside are beautiful- all wood and stone- very earthy feeling- that is why we picked it  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding earlier this summer at Champoeg State Park. 

It's just barely south of Wilsonville.  I was actually really surprised at how easy it was to get there and how quickly we got there as well.  It was about a 40 minute drive from our SE Portland home.

It was BEAUTIFUL too.  They had a covered area for the reception, and the ceremony was down by the water.  Really beautiful.

http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Also:

how do I get married in a state park?

It took me a bit to find that information, so I thought I'd post it in here for you.  It looks like you could have a really nice wedding for EXTREMELY cheap at a state park.  It'd definitely worth looking into. 
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    Blue Lake Park
    Camp Colton
    Bridal Veil Lakes (as previously mentioned, but it books really far in advance)
    Lakeside Gardens
    Leach Botanical Garden (smaller venue, but definitely woodsy and gorgeous!)
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hoyt Arboretum
  • edited December 2011
    I got married in the CPR Barn (well, outside of it) and couldn't have been happier with our venue choice.   There are pics in my bio.
  • edited December 2011

My husband and I got married at Leach Botanical Garden in July of 2008. I just *love* this venue for its combination of old trees and walking trails, garden-set patio and old house. 

The best part is that this gem is actually in the city limits (Gresham), so your family and guest wouldn't have to make a long trip into the countryside to get there. :) It costs more than the usual City Parks rental fee, but MUCH less than privately owned venues.

You and DF might consider going there on a nice weekend or afternoon, just to scope it out.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards