Oregon

August Outdoor Wedding Reception at Eugene area, OR. Bad/Good Idea?

I need an advice. I am planning to have a wedding reception outdoor start from 7pm to 11pm and at August 2012 and hoping it will turn dark at 10pm and getting cooler than the day time, since I just moved to Eugene, I am not really aware of Oregon's weather all year. I need advice, is it a bad idea to have an outdoor wedding at August?

Re: August Outdoor Wedding Reception at Eugene area, OR. Bad/Good Idea?

• KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could be either. Probably more good though.
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    There's really no way of knowing - could be awesome weather, could rain and be cold.
    I would say it would PROBABLY be just fine.
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am having an outdoor wedding in Eugene in less than three weeks. Generally July and August are dry and sunny and the safest months for an outdoor ceremony. I looked at various weather websites and looked at the historical data. What I found was that on my wedding day, it's hottest at around 5 PM and cools off about 5 degrees every hour thereafter.

The sun will set on your wedding day at 8:30 PM. It will be dark well before 10 PM.

I'd check out Weather Underground's trip planner - it will show you historical data on a given day, including high and low temps and avg. precipitation. I looked and it doesn't look like it's rained on your wedding day since at least 1996.
  • edited December 2011
    I lived in Eugene for a few years and August rarely rained. The country club I worked at held many outdoor weddings and we never had issues. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards