Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

cocktail hour followed by reception (do i includ this on the invitation?)

I was wondering... We are having our ceremony followed by a cocktail hour and then the reception all at the same place. Do we include the cocktail hour information on the wedding invitation? If so, how is it worded?

Re: cocktail hour followed by reception (do i includ this on the invitation?)

• Options
    I think this is one where you can just indicate "reception to follow"
  • Options
    I think "reception to follow" covers all aspects of the reception, including the cocktail hour. 
  • Options
    No you don't include cocktail information.  Just put "reception to follow."

• Options
    Cocktail hour is part of the reception.  Your guests don't need a timeline.  They just need to know where they are supposed to go after the ceremony.  (Same location or different address.)
  • Options
    Reception to follow.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I only did one invite card (no inner envelope or reception card and all that) so all the info was on one card (plus our website). I did give a bit more information on the timeline: On the invite it has the the Ceremony at 2pm (with address) and then at the bottom of the card I put "Reception to Follow" with the new location under that and then Cocktails at 5, Dinner at 6 - just so people knew they could arrive any time between 5 & 6. 
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I only did one invite card (no inner envelope or reception card and all that) so all the info was on one card (plus our website). I did give a bit more information on the timeline: On the invite it has the the Ceremony at 2pm (with address) and then at the bottom of the card I put "Reception to Follow" with the new location under that and then Cocktails at 5, Dinner at 6 - just so people knew they could arrive any time between 5 & 6. 

What are your guests supposed to do between 2:30 and 5:00? Reception to follow means to me that a reception is following the ceremony. Have you already ordered these invitations?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards