Wisconsin

BETH ENGEL - HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR ALBUMS/NEGATIVES? Waiting since 2012

My wedding was 10-5-2012.  Beth is almost impossible to get ahold of. She moved to Texas and has started a photography company there while going through her divorce. I am curious if those people that hired her were able to get their album and negatives?  How did you do this? 

Re: BETH ENGEL - HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR ALBUMS/NEGATIVES? Waiting since 2012

• kmwmkekmwmke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2014
    While I TOTALLY cannot empathize and do not think this will at all cover the emotional price of missing photos, I think you should file the suit and in the requested amount you should file for the high res edited photos, a refund, AND monetary damage. I believe the limit is 10k or less. I'd file for the full 10k. It's really easy and I think it would also help recover your photos for one reason, if you file and win you can also file a docket and/or garnish wages. In the most basic sense, a docket basically says if she tries to sell her major property (car, house) that she cannot until she satisfies the judgement against her.

I'm not sure of the statue of limitations, however, I would hurry and check it out. I filed a small claims suit against my old roommate once. So, I know that iIf you want to file you will file where your contract was signed and you will pay a fee (around $100). The chance of you winning against her is pretty high if she is now in TX because if she doesn't show up, you automatically win. If you win, she is automatically required to pay the court fees as well. They are on the accused if the accused is found responsible.

If you do win, you'll be setting a precedence for other couples. My guess is that nobody has ever done this and that is why she continues to take advantage of other couples. 

I'm really sorry.

Edit: Adding Link

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards