Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Engagement Ring During Ceremony?

Hi!

I'm wondering what I do with my engagement ring during the ceremony.  The wedding band and engagement ring aren't welding together.  Do I give him both rings to put on my finger?  Wear the engagement ring on the right hand? 

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks. :-)

Re: Engagement Ring During Ceremony?

• Whatever you are comfortable with! I wore my e-ring on my right hand.

• You can do it however you want. I wore my e ring on my left hand like normal and he put the wedding band over it. After the ceremony, I flipped them around. No big deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You can do it however you want. I wore my e ring on my left hand like normal and he put the wedding band over it. After the ceremony, I flipped them around. No big deal.
    This is what I did as well.

• It is a personal perference. I didnt wear my engagement ring during the ceremony. My DOC held on to it. After the ceremony I slipped it on to of my wedding band. I didnt want to be messing with 2 rings at the alter with 200 people watching me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had forgotten about it just before I walked down the aisle, so I just slipped it onto my pinkie.  Of course, when it came time for H to put on my band, he just automatically put it on where he saw the e-ring.  We all laughed and I just ended up fixing them right then and there.

It's really a matter of comfort, I've heard lots of different ways to handle it.
    Anniversary

• I would have worn it on my right hand, but both my something old and something blue were rings as well (and only fit on certain fingers). I ended up giving it to my sister (MOH) and she gave it back to me when we all sat down after the vows/rings and I put it on above my wedding band.
  • I also just wore my e-ring as usual and switched the order after the ceremony when we were lining up for the receiving line. My great-grandmother's ring was on my other ring finger.
    me too

Anniversary
  • erinlin25 said:
    You can do it however you want. I wore my e ring on my left hand like normal and he put the wedding band over it. After the ceremony, I flipped them around. No big deal.
    me too
    And what I plan on doing, three. 
  • Right before the ceremony I switched mine to my right hand and at some point after the ceremony and before the reception I put it back on top of the wedding band.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I wore my e-ring on my right hand during the ceremony, and then moved it to the left when I remembered sometime after the ceremony.
  • ElcaB said:

erinlin25 said:

You can do it however you want. I wore my e ring on my left hand like normal and he put the wedding band over it. After the ceremony, I flipped them around. No big deal.

me too

And what I plan on doing, three. 

This is what I did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards