Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Renting digital camera or disposable

Hi my fiancé and I really want camera on the tables. We thought about going with disposable, but developing is so expensive. Anyone ever rent digital cameras? There is a website that rents you the camera and after the wedding you just ship them back and they put the gallery online? Any thoughts?

Re: Renting digital camera or disposable

• Options
    I wouldn't want to put anything out at a party that I required to get back in good condition. You don't want to spend your wedding watching to make sure all the cameras are taken care of and end up back where they are supposed to be. It seems like a heavy burden for digital images. The complaint I've heard most about doing camera's on the tables is everyone takes the same photos so you develop tons of images of the same exact shot.
    personally, the snapshots I've seen of my family take I groan through the viewings...

Other suggestions - there are apps that let people take pictures with their phones and the app will compile all the photos for you on their website and/or a wedding album or even video slideshow for you. People are more likely to use their camera phone than the one you set on the table anyway. Most people don't know how to use a real camera, (how to accurately focus, how to frame and often take photos of their own fingers). Most everyone knows how to use the camera on their phone. There's always a hashtag to compile via social media. Btw, most cell phones are somewhere around the mark of 8-12 megapixels, which is plenty good enough to have 4x6's printed from. My best advice though is don't do any table cameras, and add that money into your budget for your professional photographer, talk with them ahead of time to ask for the kind of crowd and personal shots you're looking for during your reception. You'll get plenty of reception snapshots from your friends and family simply by asking for them to send their shots to you, from their phone, or their own personal digital camera they brought with them.
  • Options
    Thanks... That a good point! I think we will just to cell phones, everyone has them anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards