Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW/PIP: Make-up trial

So this morning, I drove down to the south shore for my make-up trial!

The make-up artist I've booked is SO funny and sweet. I got along with her right off the bat. I explained to her what kind of make-up I normally wear, I showed her pictures of my dress, and I let her know that I always feel weird with my lower lashes lined and I don't like having my brows filled in. She got to work and I really like the result, but I want to know what you all think (even though the pictures are TOTAL shit, sorry). I'm a little unsure about the eye make-up, not because I think it's too much (because I need something dramatic to go with the dress), but because I don't normally wear so much. So I have no idea if I think it looks weird because it looks weird, OR if it's because I just never wear so much make-up and I'm not used to it.

Enjoy the TERRIBLE lighting in my bathroom. I'm planning on having my hair in a low bun for the wedding, and my bangs are usually shorter (not blunt, just not so long).
Anniversary
now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Re: AW/PIP: Make-up trial

• Options
    Ugh, sorry about the photo quality. Cell phone and all.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love it! It's really soft and dewy-- perfect for a wedding. I think you are going to be absolutely stunning in that blue dress and the hair and makeup you have planned. Wow. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    To me, it looks very natural which if it's what you want is great. I think you look gorgeous and the MOA did a great job. But I don't think any of it is bold or dramatic if that was the look you were going for.

• Options
    @bethsmiles Which just goes to show that what's really dramatic looking for me isn't really that dramatic! I keep looking in the mirror thinking, "Oh god, everyone's going to be all, 'Wow, why so much make-up?'"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think you need to worry about that at all! It looks really natural and not over-done at all.

• Options
    I agree with @bethsmiles - it looks very natural and your MUA did a great job.
  • Options
    Definitely very natural and very pretty!
  • Options
    I love how soft and natural it looks!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with PPs I think it looks natural and very soft! I love it!
  • Options
    I think it looks fantastic! Not over the top or too much, you look lovely!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    You look amazing!!!!  It looks natural and elegant. Very, very pretty.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Definitely looks very natural and pretty!

• Options
    It looks really natural and pretty.  Your foundation, in particular, looks great.

My only nitpick is that the liner on your top lids seems to not go all the way in to the corner of your eye, and it should...even if it's just lightly smudged.

• Options
    I think you look gorgeous!  I love the soft, natural look. I promise no one will think "OMG she has so much makeup on!"  

Last year I had a make up artist give me false eye lashes for a wedding.  Never having worn them, I thought the same thing, that everyone was going to think I had too much makeup on.  Truth, no one noticed the difference, but my eyes did look awesome in every photo. 
  • Options
    I think it looks great and natural like the PPs have said. Definitely not too much. Your foundation makes your skin look flawless (actually, come to think of it, it's probably your skin that's so flawless!)

• Options
    It looks so pretty and natural I love it!

Anniversary

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Thanks everyone! :D:D:D

@loves2shop4shoes You're not wrong. I noticed that, too. It's actually not as uneven as it looks ... but it's just enough of a difference that from most angles, it looks off. So that's definitely something I'm going to make sure doesn't happen next time.

I had the WORST acne as a kid; I went on Accutane for the first time at the age of 13 and again at 17. So every time I get compliments on my skin ... you guys, I am blushing SO HARD OVER HERE. You have NO idea how I feel hearing you all say these nice things.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the lower lashes being lined. I never line my lower lashes because I think the shape of my eyelids make that look weird. If that even makes sense.

Does it look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes? I know these photos are shit quality--I'll have J take ones with the real, grown-up person camera when he gets home.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Are you wearing fake lashes? If you are, I can't tell.
  • Options
    I really like it!  you look beautiful
  • Options
    You look gorgeous!

• Options
    I can't tell at all that you have on fake lashes. I like the way she lined the lower lashes too. It opens your eyes up but still looks very natural.

• Options
    @phira, instead of lining your bottom lashes with liner, you could smudge shadow down by your lower lashline.  It's a much softer look and can make your eye look look more complete.
  • Options
    @loves2shop4shoes I might try that with the make-up I have at home and see how I like it.

@eilis1228 @speakeasy14 I'm not wearing fake lashes, but I was just curious if it looked like I was. She used this fancy mini curler to get the eyelashes on the end. It was spectacular.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards