Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

cheap outdoor wedding locations in dfw - Park or Nature preserve?

Hello!

I am looking for a really cheap/free suggestion for a place to hold my March wedding. We are wanting something in a nature preserve or park, wooded area away from the city. We are looking to hold the ceremony only, not the reception. Any suggestions? We tried The Heard Museum. It is only $65 for the garden but they are booked. Anyone know of any wooded areas around the DFW area?

Thansk!

Re: cheap outdoor wedding locations in dfw - Park or Nature preserve?

• Options
    Look at Chandler Gardens in Celina. They have a beautiful wooded area for the ceremony.
  • Options
    It's gorgeous! But it's $1100 for the ceremony only. Way out of my budget.
  • Options
    almorine2014almorine2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    To be honest, if you are selective on what you want for your wedding, you will have to pay for it
  • Options

THis place charges as little as $20 per head including the catering and venue rental

http://www.crosstimberswinery.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I was coming to suggest The Heard.  We are using their Science Resource Center for our Ceremony and Reception next October.  Sorry to hear it's booked!

The Cross TImbers Winery that LauraKay suggested is actually a little deceptive with their pricing on the website.   That $19.99 is their "corporate" meeting price.  I emailed them when we were still looking.   It's $37.99pp + $300 Ceremony fee, but that does include pretty much everything besides alcohol.  Their wine is $14.99/bottle though. 
  • Options
    I looked at The Heard and it was great just not big enough....depending on where you are and how far it is you might look at The Texas Freshwater Fishery in Athens.  It was very affordable and had an indoor and outdoor space - its pretty DIY though so not sure if you are looking for an all inclusive or not.
    Might also try Big Thicket at White Rock, they have a building but it is small and probably won't hold very many people but would be good for dressing/prep and most brides have their ceremony outside under the trees over looking the lake...we would have gone this route but it was too small for us.
  • Options
    oh! Almost forgot!! Check out Myers Park in McKinney - super reasonable prices and they have beautiful outdoor areas too!!
    http://www.collincountytx.gov/myers/Pages/gazebo.aspx

• Options

Grapevine botanical garden is 400 for 3 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards