Oregon

hood river winery???

i am originally from Hood River but haven't been there in years. we want to get married in a winery somewhere near there. Portland area would be okay too. any suggestions?

Re: hood river winery???

• edited December 2011
    I looked into Cathedral Ridge which is really nice and seemed pretty accommodating.  One downside if I remember correctly is that you only get the space for 4 hours and have to be out by 10PM, but I think they allow you to start seting up a little bit before that.  They can't really change the timing much simply because they are open to the public until 3 or 4 PM I think...I believe the price was 1500 for the site rental.  If you join their wine club you get 20% off the price of wine (very good wine I might add!), and if you want beer they will bring in your choice, but at $5 per bottle which seemed a bit high...all depends on what you want though!  You can check them out here:

http://www.cathedralridgewinery.com/weddings.php

HTH!
  • kesia2323kesia2323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info. the biggest problem i seem to be coming accross is that Hood River must be on tourist time because I have not recieved one response to my emails including Cathedral.

Thanks Again
  • Nicole170Nicole170 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Gorge Crest Vineyards, it's an absolutely stunning location, with picture perfect views! It's one of the more expensive vineyards out there though. They have the same policy that you must have the music off by 10pm but you are able to get there at 11am so you can have an earlier wedding. It worked out perfect for us! 

Another one we looked at was Mt Hood Winery

They both book up extremely fast though. 
  • melcubedmelcubed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were looking in the Gorge too. My family is full of windsurfers and the Gorge has played a starring role in most of my childhood. We struggled to find anywhere that was reasonably priced. Went up to the Gorge Crest Winery, which truly was breathtakingly beautiful! However, they wanted over $5,000 without food/wine/chairs/tables, etc. in March.
    It's not a winery, but the Columbia Gorge Hotel is incredible too! If you also use yelp.com and search for wineries I was amazed how many there were. Even 2 right outside town (if you go 5 miles up the road behind Windance).

I also found this awesome blog about weddings in the Gorge: http://www.labellebride.com

Good luck!
  • Becca0517Becca0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_hood-river-winery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:3aeb39da-da4a-4949-bd81-0c222e2fd102Post:d3eaddac-9710-49c6-9be1-ac113a66e1fc">Re: hood river winery???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married at Gorge Crest Vineyards,<strong> it's an absolutely stunning location, with picture perfect views!</strong> It's one of the more expensive vineyards out there though. They have the same policy that you must have the music off by 10pm but you are able to get there at 11am so you can have an earlier wedding. It worked out perfect for us!  Another one we looked at was Mt Hood Winery They both book up extremely fast though. 
    Posted by Nicole170[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest your venue for this purpose.  

The pictures that we've seen from Nicole's wedding are AMAZING!

We'll end up hand in hand
    Somewhere down on the sand
    Just me and you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards