Chit Chat
Options

Bored. What's up?

Today at work we had 3 kids miss our morning class, and the two that stayed decided they'd throw a fit if they were dropped off, so parents stayed. And only 3 kids came to our event afterwards, which is always parent-participation.  I'm one of two employees here.  The adult-to-kid ratio is way off so I literally have NOTHING to do right now.  

I'm getting sushi for lunch after work, then going home to continue working on my Batgirl costume.  I actually didn't even touch the fabric until yesterday but I'm fast so I have the whole black suit finished, I just have the boots, gloves, belt, cape, and cowl to do.  I will be AWing the shit out of that later.  

What's going on with you guys?  Anyone else bored at work?

Re: Bored. What's up?

• Options
    Oooh, sushi! I'm going for some tomorrow with a girlfriend I haven't seen in a while, so I'm really excited. Not my favorite sushi place, but OK sushi is better than no sushi. 

I just got home for lunch, so BF and I are making pancakes. He gets up around 10:30-11, so it's still breakfast time for him, and I'm just not feelin' a salad today. 
  • Options
    I'm sitting here starting to get really nervous for my job interview at 1.  Ugh..

• Options
    Dammit now I want sushi for lunch. But I have lunch provided for a meeting to try and teach us how to do employee reviews, and they definitely won't be providing sushi. Wah.

• Options
    @april182015bride - Good luck on your interview!

I'm drinking my morning coffee and dreading going to my personal training session in about 30 minutes. I love that it makes me go to the gym but I really hate working out! After that I have to go teach (I teach public speaking at a community college) well really listen to speeches. The ones on Monday were rough, I'm hoping today's speeches are better - I really hate giving Fs.

• Options
    I'm just Knotting and Facebooking until I go for this afternoon's shift.  Then I'll be heading up to SO's parents' house to visit with them and SO (he stayed there last night after his surgery, which he is recovering from just fine).  I think we might be ordering pizza.
  • Options
    I'm home sick today. I emailed my professors and my job, because there is nothing productive about snotting and coughing and sneezing in either classes or at work.

I'm hoping since I have today to rest I'll actually be able to function tomorow when I have a midterm.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I have a lot to do at work, but figured I would take a break and knot while I eat my apple!

Just gotta get through the day as tonight should be a good night! First - I get to actually hang out with H for a few hours so that is super awesome! The Bruins start tonight!!! American Horror story starts tonight! And I am super excited because my cousin is going to be on TV tonight on Investigation Discovery reenacting a role of a doctor that gets murdered! Lol. I am just so excited to see her get closer and closer to her dream!

ETF -Knot not know!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm at work, currently Knotting and making plans for our January cruise.  The cruise will be a slightly early 1st anniversary celebration...

The cruise and excursion plans fell into place easily, but I've been stressing over a one night hotel stay and ground transportation.  lol  I figured out the hotel now...  We have a room (free with points!!!) near the Johnson Space Center in Houston and we will spend the day before the cruise there as long as the weather is decent.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I'm inhaling a salad and entering service tickets. My mom keeps putting stacks of them just... anywhere really. Then we happen upon them and I have to enter them. It is kind of annoying.

She's working with the bookkeeper right now to make sure all the shit is in order before my parents go on vacation. I'm excited for them to go because they'll be out of my hair for just over two weeks.

In a couple of hours, I get to go over to a truck rental company and get the shit together so my dad and I can go to PA and pick up some freight tomorrow morning. Super duper exciting.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I have a lot to do at work, but figured I would take a break and know while I eat my apple!

Just gotta get through the day as tonight should be a good night! First - I get to actually hang out with H for a few hours so that is super awesome! The Bruins start tonight!!! American Horror story starts tonight! And I am super excited because my cousin is going to be on TV tonight on Investigation Discovery reenacting a role of a doctor that gets murdered! Lol. I am just so excited to see her get closer and closer to her dream!
    What show??? I LOVE Discovery ID. I am a Discovery ID Addict! I am totally watching!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

My company just laid off 8 (out of 50) people. So in order to boost the morale for people left here, they made us do a 4 hour meeting this morning playing with legos and play doh to work as a team, and build common goals, and blah blah. I'm like oh hey motherfuckers, did you forget that because of your lay offs I now have 3 jobs to do? So I don't have fucking time for legos!!! lol

Whatever, at least I get free sandwiches. Making a creamy cheesy shrimp pasta bake tonight for the Bruins game.

• Options
    I'm actually slow at works this week because my event was last Saturday. So now, I rest at work and am busy at home. Cleaning the much neglected house and getting ready for an OOT friend for FI's sister's wedding Saturday!

• Options
    I'm a little bored.  I have to redo a bunch of transcripts for school, so I'm a little frustrated that I just paid $30 for transcripts that I have to reorder.  

In the meantime, I'm going to make myself another cup of tea.  

• Options
    I stayed home from work today, and woke up at 10:30. Now I'm watching Four Weddings because nothing is on TV, leaving my work email open on my computer so I can check it every once in a while, and I have my phone charging in my car because I left my phone charger in my office for the 3rd day in a row. I'm thinking about making cookies, since I'm sick no one else will be able to eat them but me :)

Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. Taking vitamins, zinc stuff, and gargling crap. 

• Options
    I'm at work, but my boss and most of my team aren't here today. So I haven't been doing much. The coworker I dislike chatted with me for an hour this morning. I couldn't escape. I'm going to sushi tonight with a friend I haven't seen in forever, so I'm really just thinking about that.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm cleaning out the pantry. I found lots of chocolate chips and melting wafers from last year. Keep? Make something? EAT NOW? toss? 

HELP.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @birdybride2014 Hope you feel better!

• Options
    chibiyui MAKE SOMETHING! 

@jenna8984 Thanks! I'm already starting to feel better. I'm not dying of the plague or anything, but I figured a day of rest would make this go away much faster, plus I won't be taking it to the office to get everyone else sick.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    chibiyui said:
    I'm cleaning out the pantry. I found lots of chocolate chips and melting wafers from last year. Keep? Make something? EAT NOW? toss? 

HELP.
    MAKE THESE.

• Options
    chibiyui said:

HELP.
    MAKE THESE.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm stuck at home as well. I'm afraid to go further than about 20 feet from a toilet. I'm knotting, watching DVR'd Good Eats (Alton Brown ftw) and wishing I could convince someone to bring me McDonald's chicken nuggets. Which are gross, I know, but when I feel like shit they're my favorite. Makes no damn sense. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I have a lot to do at work, but figured I would take a break and know while I eat my apple!

What show??? I LOVE Discovery ID. I am a Discovery ID Addict! I am totally watching!
    Here is the link... umm is Discovery ID a channel? I need to get that figured out so I can record it!
    Dead on Arrival  <- that should work?

Anniversary
  • Options
    Other question. I have a shit ton of old, thick plastic hangers. I don't need them, I have thinner velvet hangers to take up less closet space. I feel bad just chucking the old ones though. Are they recyclable? Is this something that Goodwill/Salvation Army would be happy to get?

Anniversary
  • Options
    Not much going on here. Watching Criminal Minds on Netflix, snacking on some cereal, and bouncing back and forth between here and FB. 

• Options
    Gosh now I want sushi real bad! Haven't had some for a while. Need to wait for finances to stabilize before we allow ourselves a great sushi night out. Super duper on the batgirl costume! Is it going to be a sexy one?
    Just here making dinner (all vegetarian tonight) and skyping with my mum before she goes to bed. Waiting for FI to come home from work so we can have some dinner together. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Other question. I have a shit ton of old, thick plastic hangers. I don't need them, I have thinner velvet hangers to take up less closet space. I feel bad just chucking the old ones though. Are they recyclable? Is this something that Goodwill/Salvation Army would be happy to get?
    I will take them off your hands. Like, frrlz. We have no hangers, it's pretty low on the totem pole, and I'm flipping sick of having to tier my work shirts for "what's okay in a laundry basket indefinitely vs what has to be hung up".

Just found out we get beds and furniture on Friday (hopefully second time is the charm!) so I'm really excited.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

Yes you can donate them or recycle them.

Anniversary

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Here is the link... umm is Discovery ID a channel? I need to get that figured out so I can record it!
    Dead on Arrival  <- that should work?

BOX

So I totally made up a channel. Because it IS Investigation Discovery. >_<

And I've watched that show, totally watching for your cousin tonight!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards