Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Should I reconsider my photographer?

I have found a wedding photographer whose pictures I love and his personality I really like. My only reservation is that he works alone and is the only photographer I contacted who will not guarantee an associate as a replacement should he not be able to make it. The draft contract (I haven’t signed yet) states in the event he can’t fulfill the assignment he will refund our money so no worries about getting ripped off but I am afraid it would be too late to find a replacement. Should I go with someone I like less (and charges a lot more) to guarantee someone is there or am I worrying about nothing? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Should I reconsider my photographer?

• Options
    I would never hire a photog who does not have a network of backup photog in the event of an emergency. It's unlikely you'll need a backup, but you want to take that chance? He could have car trouble or get in an accident, usually you don't know you need a backup until he day of the wedding. Getting my money back would be no consolation for not having photos of my wedding.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I would never hire a photog who does not have a network of backup photog in the event of an emergency. It's unlikely you'll need a backup, but you want to take that chance? He could have car trouble or get in an accident, usually you don't know you need a backup until he day of the wedding. Getting my money back would be no consolation for not having photos of my wedding.

GL! :)

---sitb---

I second this. I'd be afraid of not having a photographer the day of. You can't redo wedding pictures. I say keep searching or press him a bit more about getting a back up. 
  • Options
    I'd just ask him about a backup emergency person. Or request to add it into the contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards