Chit Chat
Options

Favorite Scary Movies?

2»

Re: Favorite Scary Movies?

• Options

Oooh good one with Misery, @doeydo! That one is awesome. Gotta love Kathy Bates. FI has never seen it and I plan on watching it during the second half of our honeymoon when we are back home.

Have you guys read the book? It's so good!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Oooh good one with Misery, @doeydo! That one is awesome. Gotta love Kathy Bates. FI has never seen it and I plan on watching it during the second half of our honeymoon when we are back home.
    Haven't read Misery, but I read the Shining and it was SO GOOD! So so so creepy. I never thought a book could be scary but that one really got me.
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Haven't read Misery, but I read the Shining and it was SO GOOD! So so so creepy. I never thought a book could be scary but that one really got me.
    I, for some really dumb reason, thought it would be a good idea to read The Shining in 6th grade. Bad idea. Very, very bad idea.

Misery was great - book is way better than the movie (but Kathy Bates rocks the role of Annie). There are some fairly significant differences.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Um. Coraline? Hocus Pocus? Nightmare Before Christmas?

I did really like The Shining but I watched it at night - at 21, no less, so I wasn't a kid AND I'd read the book at this point so I knew what was gonna happen - and it STILL gave me the WORST nightmares. I loved the book though. I may dig it out and read it to get in the spirit but I'll have to read it in the daytime only.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Effin' TK Boxes today._________________________________________________________________________________________

I thought Stephen King was a bunch of hype until I read a few of his books.  Then I was like HOLY CRAP THESE ARE GOOD.  I've never been legitimately scared of a book before them.  

• Options
    Two movies that scared the crap out of me are the original The Thing with Kurt Russell and Of Unknown Origin with Peter Weller.  OUO is about a rat in New York City.  I could not put my feet down for months after seeing it.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    I hate scary movies because I cannot function after. Even the previews make it hard for me to sleep at night.

Basically if it doesn't air on ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween, it's too scary for this 'fraidy cat! 
  • Options
    Ndelible said:
    Two movies that scared the crap out of me are the original The Thing with Kurt Russell and Of Unknown Origin with Peter Weller.  OUO is about a rat in New York City.  I could not put my feet down for months after seeing it.
    <3 that movie! It's so underappreciated by so many! 
  • Options
    abbyj700 said:
    Ndelible said:
    <3 that movie! It's so underappreciated by so many! 
    I love watching originals and then remakes (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Prom Night, Straw Dogs, The Thing, The Omen, Halloween, etc etc etc). The originals are ALWAYS better. However, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was probably the best remake. 
  • Options
    I'm bringing this post back because somehow I missed it the first time and I love scary movies!!! 

The one you guys mentioned, Sinister, reallllly gave me the creeps. Even FI said that the movie "made him uncomfortable" which really means he was scared, which is crazy because he thinks all scary movies are dumb (read:he's a big chicken).

Another one, that was already mentioned, is Paranormal Activity. That movie scared. the. shit. out of me! I went and saw it on a date in college, and once the guy dropped me off I called my parents and told them I was coming home that night because I didn't want to sleep in my apartment alone. Watching it now with FI makes me laugh because his commentary is great: 
    "WTF?! How do they SLEEP after that?!?"  
    "Absolutely-fucking-not! If ONE thing ever happens in our house that we can't readily explain, we're GONE. Do you hear me?! We are packing out shit and we are LEAVING." 
    FI is 6'4 and 300 lbs. It's Damn. Hilarious. 
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards