• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Ohio-Cleveland

bride registries.com

I just got a call saying that I won a selection of prizes from a raffle sponsored by brideregistries.com. but you have to come to another event to receive the prizes. I just want to be sure before I get stuck into something.

Has anyone heard of them before?

Re: bride registries.com

• I have not.  I will say I did get probably a half dozen similar kind of "you have won!" calls after attending bridal shows.  I even got them from shows I didn't attend and they simply got my name from a mailing list.  My favorite was the bridal show I allegedly attended AFTER I got married.  Unless you get a call from a local place offering a prize (a tux place, a limo, etc.), I wouldn't risk it personally.  I did find this link about the site though:

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1009370/brideregistries-com-prize-winner-is-this-a-scam 

• I went to the presentation today and it was actually interesting. They are trying to sell you 2300 in cookware. The presentation lasted about 1 hour. The salesperson was very funny. I ended up walking g away with a 3 day 2 night vacay both inside and outside the US and wedding bands valued at $800. And I didn't buy anything. There was a tad bit of pressure at the end when they are trying to get you to finance the cookware but overall it was OK.

mlg78 said:

I have not.  I will say I did get probably a half dozen similar kind of "you have won!" calls after attending bridal shows.  I even got them from shows I didn't attend and they simply got my name from a mailing list.  My favorite was the bridal show I allegedly attended AFTER I got married.  Unless you get a call from a local place offering a prize (a tux place, a limo, etc.), I wouldn't risk it personally.  I did find this link about the site though:

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1009370/brideregistries-com-prize-winner-is-this-a-scam 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards