Chit Chat
Options

Follow Up: Boudoir Pictures Cost

I heard back from the photographer.  And boy...  I knew it would not be cheap, but I wasn't thinking $1,800.  Looks like I'll be doing that for our first wedding anniversary.  Oh well...
Happiness is an inside job

Re: Follow Up: Boudoir Pictures Cost

• Options
    Yeah, mine were that much too, but cheaper photographers had, well, cheap looking portfolios. Hope you get to do them one day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    Yeah, mine were that much too, but cheaper photographers had, well, cheap looking portfolios. Hope you get to do them one day!
    That's what BFF said.  And these are very nice.  I just can't swing it with the wedding and all.  But I'm sure he'll love it!
  • Options
    Holy shit! We paid less for engagement, bridal, and wedding pics combined!
  • Options
    You ain't kidding.  That was spendy.  She also had packages for hair/make up and such.  Those were twice as much.  Yikes!
  • Options
    Ndelible said:

You ain't kidding.  That was spendy.  She also had packages for hair/make up and such.  Those were twice as much.  Yikes!

I swear in get Groupons for boudoir shots at least every other week. But I'm in Houston; I don't know where you are.
  • Options
    I swear in get Groupons for boudoir shots at least every other week. But I'm in Houston; I don't know where you are.
    I'm in SoCal.  Great idea.  I'll start looking - after the wedding.  LOL.  The photographer is a friend of friends, so I probably would have gotten a bit of a break, but even 10% off still would mean the wedding would suffer.   Yup, a good idea for another day.
  • Options
    Yikes! I'm outside Philadelphia and thought $500 was a lot. That seems like a total steal now.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Yikes. Mine was 200 for the session including hair and makeup, and then the album and acrylic block was 950. Photography is expensive!

image   image   image

• Options
    Yup I was going to suggest Groupon. I saw a Groupon yesterday for $549 which I thought was on the pricier side, but the photos looked amazing, and this is in NYC.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Get a good look at the portfolio before you buy a Groupon, though, people. I saw a terrifying number of prom-queen hairdos and Vaseline-smeared lenses and crushed velvet and Toddlers-and-Tiaras-glamour-shot-style airbrushing when I looked, haha. And a lot of Groupons are just for the sitting fee, with prints and hair/makeup extra.

I gave mine for my fiance's birthday a couple years ago though, not for anything wedding related. If you want to do them there will always be another opportunity! In fact, I've been thinking about doing them again just because I was twenty pounds heavier when I had them done the first time and I'm a lot happier with my body back to its usual size. So much money though, and a flight too if I see the same photographer. Ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would not go the Groupn route personally, but with a name like Photokitty I'm pretty picky about photos and what I pay for them in particular.

What I would do is find all the photos in my are that I like that offer boudoir shots and follow their pages. Frequently photogs will have specials on what are referred to as mini-sessions. They will do a weekend of appointment in a hotel typically. It is cheaper bc they have one location and schedule appts one after another. You need to be prepared, ready to go and comfortable bc you will have a shorter appt, but it is typically much cheaper than their regular appts.

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Be careful with Groupon. I saw a Groupon for some boudoir pics for $275 here in Denver. After researching, this is just for the session. If you want any of the pictures printed (or even digitally given to you) it was a minimum of $1200.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That is half again what I paid to have 3 shooters all day at my wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  You've all given very good information.  I will file it away for another time to give, but keep my eyes peeled in the meantime for deals!
  • Options
    My photos looked very good, I'll send you a few if you'd like and I spent $350 for a two hour, two outfit session.
  • Options
    I'm a boudoir photographer in Orange County and I have advertise with Groupon before. Groupon is great photographers to reach people they they normally wouldn't be able to reach, but Groupon does take a very good percentage of the sale, therefore you will often see that your groupon probably will be for the shoot cost and the album/print/image cost will be separate. Also, be careful. There are many photographers on Groupon that are just starting out and have been known to use images on their groupon profile that they did not take. You might buy a groupon expecting one outcome, but leave with something totally different. Most of my boudoir clients spent between $500 - $1000 on their boudoir photos and albums, so this is very normal pricing for a photographer that has a good portfolio and experience. 
  • Options
    kasmith1 said:

My photos looked very good, I'll send you a few if you'd like and I spent $350 for a two hour, two outfit session.

Are you in the dallas area? I've been thinking about doing this! Mind sending me some info about your session?

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I've also been looking into this (in Minnesota) and it's looking like I'll spend $800 minimum for hair and makeup, shoot, and an album. There are groupons for ~$100-120, but none of them include prints or digital release.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Here is a suggestion- Have a friend take the pictures. Publish the album on shutterfly or something.

They won't be amazing pictures nor will they be edited, but if you really have your heart set you could DIY. You could research the different poses and backgrounds that are flattering.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    I KNOW they are so expensive! My plan is to try to do them for our one year anniversary and wear some of the pieces I'm buying for our wedding night/honeymoon....then have them printed into a book because the traditional first year gift is paper
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards