Chit Chat

Friday!

sarawifenowsarawifenow member
First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2014 in Chit Chat

So we got some weddings this weekend, ladies! Oh yeah! Sending all the vibes and good thoughts to our brides this weekend.

My weekend consists of trying to not pull my hair out with all the last minute details for my wedding next weekend.

Tonight--Shopping for ring bearer pillow and finishing up seating chart

Tomorrow--Shopping for "fun things" for the honeymoon, finishing sign for ceremony

Sunday--Shopping with MOH for undapants for the honeymoon. I am also packing a bag because I am staying with my mom starting Sunday night for the whole week. (FI plans on "sneaking in" like we are in highschool. Pretty sure my mom is onto him and just doesn't give a fuck).

Whatcha guys up to?

Edited because words are hard!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Friday!

• My 20-year high school reunion is tomorrow.  I'm trying to decide if that's "yay" or "ugh".  lol

• Yur weekend sounds fun!

Right now I'm doing nothing at work. After work V and I are going to work on our labs and project. We don't have any plans for today.

Saturday is homecoming/parents weekend so I have to be at the museum. It will be fun/nerve wrecking since this is my first weekend. Hopefully I do ok! After that V and I are going to run around and take a drive. I love fall and the changing of the leaves. I need to pick up a gift for my friends b day for tomorrow night too.

Sunday I have more lab work to do and watch football. So that will most likely be a slow pace day. I'm just happy that I don't have any tests to study for. I'm looking forward to this weekend.

• I GET TIME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Two whole days in a row!  Fall is just so BUSY I haven't gotten more than a day off at a time, and with weeks in between.  

I'm 90% done with my batgirl costume and super excited.  I still have to figure out the boots and gloves, I think I'm just going to buy yellow socks and gloves, then cover them with the yellow fabric I got because I'm all picky and need the color of the boots and gloves to match the lining of the cape and utility belt PERFECTLY.   

But I have the jumpsuit done, I have the cape finished, and the cowl too.  Just gotta do the belt and the gloves and boots then I'm all set.  
  • I'm still sick. Wah. I thought it'd be gone by now, but the tiredness is still following me and my nose is runny. PITY ME.

I have a wedding this weekend. They've been married before, so that's interesting. Small ceremony in the morning, brunch to follow (literally small ceremony...I'm the only one if the family invited). Then that evening they are having a backyard party. I hope I feel better for it!

Tonight we are eating at Texas Roadhouse so I am trying to decide on something semi-healthy to order from there. Does anyone else always check the menu beforehand when you are going out to eat? I could have eaten someone 1000 times, but if we have plans to eat there I'll always stalk the menu for days beforehand haha. It's weird...and usually I'll still have a tough time deciding.

• Got suckered into babysitting nephew tomorrow. Which normally I would enjoy, except that this is the only free weekend I had until mid-November. And when I say that to SIL, she says "guess I got lucky!" UGH.

I am going to go get some apple candles and make my house smell like pie.
    eyeroll
  • Good luck to all of the brides getting married this weekend!

FI and I have a nice, quiet weekend planned. We desperately need to try and get the new pup housebroken so we're going to devote a lot of time to that. It doesn't help that we both work full time but luckily FI has Monday off so hopefully we'll make some progress.

We're supposed to go on a beer walk a couple towns over tomorrow but I woke up with a cold this morning and am not sure how I'll feel about walking around in the cold. Sunday is football and one of our good friends is going to come over for the Bills game and snuggle on the puppy. In between that it'll be a lot of cleaning and organizing that has been sadly neglected since the wedding almost two weeks ago.

• I have nothing planned. FI might go out tn with one of his BM who is back home (he takes jobs that have him traveling around the country for months at a time). I'm trying to decide if I want to go out later myself, or just lay low. I want to watch Gone Girl at some point this weekend possibly. And that's about it. I'm just happy it's Friday :)

On another note, for Hispanic Heritage Month, the cafeteria at my job is making one of my favorite meals, pernil (roast pork) with rice and peas, and yuca. Pic below. I cannot WAIT till I go down at noon. I am practically salivating. After eating a bunch of healthy, tiny, boring meals all week, this is my treat :)

Okay the portion won't be anywhere near as big, or look anything like that professional restaurant pic, but YUM. Salivating.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• .  I'm working the last wedding of the season tomorrow night.  Not really into it, but the money will come in handy for our trip in 3 WEEKS !!!!

DH is OOT until Monday.  Normally when he is gone on his yearly football trip I do a little fall cleaning.   I empty out all the drawers, get rid of stuff and reorganize.  My game isn't on until Monday night, so I think that will be my Sunday project.    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I have to go to the hospital today. Apparently my hemaglobin count was super low earlier this week and I may need a blood transfusion today. I was really hoping to avoid that, but the nurse claims I'll feel a lot better once I get it. 

The rest of the weekend will be more of the usual- eat, sleep, watch TV. 

• @cupcait927 Good luck with the puppy! I saw the pic you posted in the other thread and he's super cute but housebreaking can be a bear. Also, I love that he's named Fred Jackson! That man is my spirit animal on my fanstasy football team; when I draft him I inevitably come in at least second place in the league.

My weekend will be spent at work and DH will be heading up to NY for the Jets game Sunday. He is not happy about how they're doing this year but they play the Broncos this week so hopefully he'll get to see Manning beat Favre's TD record.

I did get Monday off though so I'm planning a lazy day with a possible Gilmore Girls binge on Netflix.

• @Jells2dot0--Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Sending lots of Ts & Ps for a healthy recovery!

@Inkdancer--Get a cinnamon candle to go with your apple candles. Light them all at once and your house will REALLY smell like pie.

• @Simky906--Broncos die hard fan here! I cannot wait for Sunday. (I made MOH swear that we can check the score every 10 minutes)!
  • I hope everything goes well at the hospital Jells2dot0!

Tonight, we are checking out the new dine-in theater that opened and seeing Gone Girl. Tomorrow, I'm going to have lunch with  my dad and do wedding stuff with my mom. Then Sunday is my bridal shower! It's at a cool restaurant, and my bridesmaid planning everything has amazingly awesome taste, so I'm super excited to see what she has planned!
  • @Jells2dot0--Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Sending lots of Ts & Ps for a healthy recovery!

@Inkdancer--Get a cinnamon candle to go with your apple candles. Light them all at once and your house will REALLY smell like pie.

Walmart currently has apple pie and mulled cider candles. The apple pie one just smells like apples but the cider one smells strongly of cinnamon and clove, so I'm going to get both and make my house smell so good.
    eyeroll
  • Simky906Simky906 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

@SaraBrideSoon My brother is also a hardcore Broncos fan and is thrilled for Sunday's game. Though he's been on his best behavior when chatting with DH on Facebook, which I know is requiring a LOT of self control.

I always find it funny that bro is a Broncos fan (especially since we're from SC) but he picked his team when he was little based on his favorite color-orange.

Edited because grammar

• Waiting for my mom to get um and at 'em so we can go to my grandparents' place for Thanksgiving.  Mmm.
  • @simky906 Thanks! He's super adorable and makes H melt with his cuteness. And so far he's done very well at listening to us and stopping whatever bad behavior he's engaging in when we say no or stop. Once he's housebroken I will feel MUCH better. Hopefully he turns into a little good luck charm for the Bills - they certainly need it!
  • Yesterday was H's birthday so I am taking him out to dinner tonight.  We are still undecided whether to go to a movie after or go to a local bar and watch the ballgame.  It is supposed to rain tonight so there is a good chance the ballgame will be canceled so I guess we will play that by ear.

Saturday H has football and I have to do some laundry or we are going to have to start going commando or turning our underwear inside out.  That evening we are probably going out to celebrate H's birthday some more with friends and to also watch the ballgame

Sunday is football day (and possibly baseball day if tonight's game is canceled) and lay around the house in my sweats day.

• SUSHI FOR LUNCH, WOOOOOOOOOOO!

@InkDancer I know how you feel. We have ONE free weekend next weekend and then are booked into November, and haven't had a free weekend since like July... so of course H texts and asks if we can go visit his brother's family that weekend. In Wisconsin. Wahhh.

• @beethery, I totally want a massage, too. And congrats on your 1 year countdown date! @Jells2dot0‌, I hope this transfusion helps!

H and I are making a last minute trip to go visit my sister. Her husband is OOT and she is having a rough pregnancy. I've been polling my mommy friends for morning sickness remedies. I hope something works!
  • Ugh now all I can think about it a massage. FI and I will be taking advantage of a long ass couple's massage next Sunday.
  • I want a massage too..I'll trick FI into giving me one. Making mac n cheese tonight and staying in quiet. FI has a work meeting after work so I'm guessing that will involve pints of some sort. I'll see if I can watch Gone Girl online or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beethery said:
    I just want to get a massage and go to sleep. That box truck ride was a damn mess and I'm hurting.

Also, a year from today, I'm getting married. I think by this time on that day, mom, the bm's and I will be enjoying some mimosas and eating little snacky party foods my mom said she's going to make.

AND, my STD magnets are getting printed today. WOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS.
    Do you need my address or do you already have it?

I'm spending my Friday nursing a hangover.  I want all the greasy food RIGHT NOW.
    Anniversary

• I am currently pacing and waiting for our lunch delivery to arrive. Oh, and the new president of our company. Because we are feeding her so she likes us.

Tonight is vegging at home. Tomorrow is "DO ALL THE THINGS!" like a grown-up day (grocery shopping, laundry, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cooking). Sunday, I'll hit the farmer's market before DH and I go to one of our favorite stores to order Christmas gifts. I might get time to work on my latest stitching project at some point too.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Biggest thing we've got going on is watching Game 1 of the Cardinals game tomorrow night. DH is a die hard fan. Other than that, we are moving on this Wednesday (eeeek!!!!) so this weekend is devoted to packing and for me to be studying my ass off my licensure exam. I set a date to take the test- 16 days!!!
    imageimage">
  • My fall weekends are pretty well repetitive. Chili, football, chill day.

BEDS CAME OMG SO HAPPY. They're set up and I get to go and put our clothes in DRAWERS when I get home! YESYESYES. We're buying sheets for beds tonight too, so we will finally have a semi-grown-up-looking bedroom again!

I'm also going to get acrylics put on tonight. I've been putting it off because I hate what they do to my nails, but if I don't do something then I'll have this same freaking place on my face in a year (!!!) for the wedding, and acrylics are cheaper than therapy.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Following up on my previous post, I am now incubating an enormous foodbaby. I ate two sandwiches (breaded eggplant and grilled chicken), some potato salad, and about a pint of macaroni salad. And potato chips. Lots and lots of potato chips.

Now I want a nap at my desk...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @inkdancer I can't burn candles like that because I get realllly hungry and then I'm rummaging around the grocery store buying pie and shit all like "What wedding diet?"

BUT I'm picking up my wedding dress this weekend!!! I bought/ordered it back in June and it finally came in :D
    Anniversary

• falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to try to clean the apartment in and amongst all the reading/ writing I have to do for my classes. I will also be watching Football and now Hockey!!!!!!

FI has his normal work schedule, so I will be able to yell at the TV to the fullest of my abilities, without FI going "You know they can't hear you, right?"

ETA: Paragraphs  and spelling

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards