Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids - "Wear Whatever You Want."

2»

Re: Bridesmaids - "Wear Whatever You Want."

• Options
    I chose a specific color, designer & length and told them to choose. I have 6 bridesmaids that all have completely different body types and I didn't want anyone to be uncomfortable. There are 53 different dresses to choose from, this way everyone can get what they want in the price they want.

• Options
    Our BMs are all wearing the same dress. I talked to all of my girls and they said that it was easier and less stressful on them if they knew that they needed to get x dress in y color. So that is what I went with.
    Yeah, I was in a wedding where we were told "wear a blue dress," and given no further perimeters, and it drove most of us insane! Especially since when the big day came, most of us ended up wearing a similar blue shade, but there was an odd woman out. The bride was super chill about it, but we all wanted to look good and put-together as well, and it was hard to feel that way. 
  • Options
    Wedding is in mid-August in Southern California. I'm asking my MOH and two bridesmaids to:
    • stick with a color range: light gray to charcoal
    • stick with a length: above or just below the knee
    • choose a fabric: anything but satin

They all three have very different body types and degrees of comfort in dress. I want them to feel comfortable and beautiful, not like a cookie-cutter face for the photos. Also a factor was that I did not want to feel like a bridezilla, nor stress over finding the "perfect look" for them.

• Options
    I'm a little late here, but when I first had this idea and started talking it over with my MOH, she loved the idea, but agreed with most of the PPs that there should be some sort of parameters. After talking with all my girls, we've agreed on long, purple dresses, and as they purchase, they are going to send out a picture of the dress they end up with, so everyone is on the same page (and we don't get 4 eggplant dresses to one lilac.) <----- Also, this makes me want to throw up, which is why I didn't want to make this decision in the first place.

Personally, I'm thrilled that I don't have to be worried about their happiness, and they are thrilled they aren't stuck buying a ridiculous dress that they'd wear once just for me. Good luck!
  • Options
    MegEn1 said:
    doeydo said:
    If I were one of your bridesmaids, I'd love you.  I could go shopping (or go through my closet) and pick any dress as long as they fall into one of the three colours you specified.  Below are some pictures of the mismatched look:
    Seriously I cannot get over how much I love this. Maybe I tell them my wedding colors (Maroon, Navy, Silver/Gray) and ask them to go nuts? Though maybe just maroon and navy. But I love this - the individuality, the comfort, the naturalness of it all.
    These people are wearing the same shoes and necklaces... and lanterns.... but I guess it's cheaper than buying a new outfit if they already have something to wear!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    They're not the same necklaces.  Shoes, yes.  But not necklaces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards