Oklahoma

South Lakes Event Center, Oklahoma City

I am wondering if anyone has ever had or attended a wedding at the South Lakes Event Center in Oklahoma City, it's off 119th Street, I believe. They have a really attractive price of $715 for 12 hours. Here is the link: I'm open to opinions on making this place look nice.
http://www.okc.gov/parks/rentals/southlakeseventcenter.html

There are some beautiful venues around Oklahoma City that I love, but I'm not fond of the preferred catering restrictions that would end up costing a fortune. I want an elegant/classy wedding so if anyone has some inexpensive ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!

THANK YOU!

Re: South Lakes Event Center, Oklahoma City

• The only issue I forsee with it is no back up rain plan! OK weather is soooo crazy and I would hate to have my wedding rained out :( Plus the building only holds 150 for reception.

What I have found in terms of places that allow you your own catering option:
    Tres Suenos (Winery in Luther) $2000-only downside is it is located on dirt road...
    Clauren Ridge (winery in Edmond) $3800
    Festivities in El Reno $1200-$1900 (charge $150 extra for outside catering)
    Tony's Tree Plantation $2000
    OK History Center: depends on # of guests but around $2500-3500

We were going to go with Tony's Tree Plantation, but my fiance has been unwilling to cut down our guest list & they only hold max 150. So, I am back to square 1!!! 

We are looking for outdoor scenic wedding and reception, with an indoor option as a backup plan in the event of bad weather. I would REALLY like to keep the cost of venue under $2500, since we have so many guests (btwn 150-250) catering is going to take a large chunk of our funds. Does anyone have any other reasonably priced ideas that allow outside catering????  I'd honestly pay someone to let us use their home/vacation rental/ranch in a scenic area with trees/lake/pond etc! :)
  • I went and physically looked at the SLEC and it was a lot crappier looking than the pictures on the OKC park's website.

I ended up booking the Wings Event Center in Edmond. It costs $2000 ($1K to book) to rent the whole place and they allow open catering, beer and wine only, no kegs. You have to hire a licensed bartender which should only cost about $100, if that... Opposed to using a caterer who would charge thousands for alcohol. It's a cute little place! And one thing that I liked about it is that the money goes back into the special needs community.

http://www.wingsok.org/event_center.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards