Oregon

yummy food?!?!

Any suggestions for a good catering service? We are getting married in Salem and one of the place that our reception area suggested is not the greatest...

Re: yummy food?!?!

• edited December 2011
    Wild Pear!
    It's delicious. We used them for our wedding last year and got so many compliments on the food. Everyone is really friendly and easy to work with too.

Where are you getting married/what kind of reception you planning on having? Sit down, buffet, appetizers?
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married @ the Elsinor. Not sure yet on what type of dinner... I asked our coordinator about Wild Pear and she said they were really expensive and you didn't get much.
  • edited December 2011
    The Elsinore is so pretty now!
    A place like that you could totally do a "heavy app" type of reception - let people mingle around the lobby.
    Anyway, the catering manager at Wild Pear is so nice, really helpful, we probably had 4 or 5 different versions of our menu before it fit our budget and what we wanted.

There's also Willaby's, Sassy Onion, Elegant Catering all in Salem. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    What place did they recommend? We're getting married in Salem as well and we're doing Caruso's - that small Italian restaurant in Keizer. It's my favorite and I was surprised at how inexpensive they were. You buy the pasta, or meal, by the tray (which serves 15 people.) They start at $10/person for bread and olive oil, salad, and big servings of the pasta.  It starts at $7.60/person for the pasta.

We're doing three types of pasta - veggie and cheese tortellini, ravioli with meat sauce, and chicken alfredo. We're doing the full dinner with bread and salad. We're also doing 50 dozen apps for the cocktail hour, Italian meatballs and Sausage stuffed mushrooms. For 3 servers for 4 hours, delivery, tip, and all the food for 150 people we're paying $2,300.

I was also looking seriously at Willamette University's catering. They have won tons of awards and Rachel Ray ate there for one of her traveling shows. They are so inexpensive and good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards