Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Second time bride question about marriage license?

I read on the Second Weddings board that someone needed to bring a certified copy of their divorce decree for their (non-specified) DW. Do I need to do that for Vegas?? This would be helpful to know for sure. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Second time bride question about marriage license?

• Options
    No.  You don't need the decree in Vegas.  Just the date of the divorce.

From the Clark County marriage license website:

Divorced Applicants/Widowed Applicants:

Divorced applicants are required to list the Month/Day/Year when their divorce was finalized and the city and state where the divorce was finalized. We do not need to see a copy of the divorce decree. Widowed applicants are required to list the Month/Day/Year they were widowed and the city and state. We do not need to see a copy of the death certificate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm bringing mine anyway just so there's no funny business...mainly though because I forgot to change my name back even though it was legally given back to me. I posted on the 2nd weddings board. I spoke to the Vegas office and they told me to bring it just in case along with my birth certificate.
    They were the nicest people!!
  • Options
    I will too, just in case. However I never changed my name the first time. I will be this time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I brought mine just in case, but didn't need it. They didn't ask for it. 
  • Options
    No, you do not need this. All they need is the date it was finalized. I didn't bring it with me and it was no issue getting our license :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards