Flowers

Baby's breath

Okay, I know this is brought up a lot and I promise I used the search bar but didn't find the answer I really needed. Any help would be appreciated!

I am doing minimal floral for our December wedding and am DIYing all centerpieces and bouquets. I am ordering boutonnieres and corsages (white roses). As far as bouquets, I am doing ivory and blush roses.

For "centerpieces" I just wanted to use baby's breath. I am using blue mason jars that my dad has collected for years to hold the baby's breath. This is about the volume that I am looking for, a little less maybe.

Everything I see is in "bunches" when you order it. And I have no clue how much a bunch is?

Have any of you dones something similar or know how many bunches would yield about 20 jars. Thanks!

Re: Baby's breath

• One of my girlfriends did exactly the same centerpieces at her wedding this year - blue mason jars and all - and the clump looked about the same size. I just texted her and she said she used 4 stems per jar. 

But I would go to your local grocery store and buy a bunch of baby's breath. This shouldn't run more than $5-10 or so. Play around with the volume in one of your jars and see what look you like best.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you @southernbelle0915! I am at the point where I was thinking the same thing. I don't plan on doing TOO much of it because I'm using mostly clear vases and lots of candles. 

Thanks for asking your friend for me!

• Typically in a bunch you get 10 stems.  Of course the volume of the stems vary from stem to stem.  I do recommend getting million star gypsophila because the baby's breath comes in bit tighter clumps on the stem making fuller looking centerpieces.

Also when you get in your baby's breath make sure to carefully pull the stems apart to separate the little bunches and then place them all back together in a very loose bunch and give them a shake. This just helps to separate all the little buds and make the stems a bit fuller instead of flat like when they are shipped to you.

• Thanks @Maggie0829! Great advice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards