Oregon

Officiant Recommendations?

If you had a great experience with your officiant, I'd love to hear from you.

We are both technically Methodist, but also not particularly religious. We'd like a charismatic officiant who has a sense of humor, but isn't too schmaltzy.  ( I don't want to hear "ba da bing!" in my head after he tells a joke duirng the ceremony. ) I would want him/her to appreciate the significance of the occasion, while remaining relaxed and having a little fun.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Recommendations?

• We are having a friend perform our ceremony for us!  That way the person knows us really well, and I think it will be more fun that way.  It also saves a lot of money because I noticed that hiring some of the reccomended officiants costs a lot.  
  • Where are you getting married?
  • We're getting married at the World Forestry Center near Portland, OR.

Getting married by a friend with a license isn't really something we're interested in. It works well for many people, but for me it wouldn't feel official.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    My closest friend is coming down from Spokane to officiate our wedding (May 6th) but should there be a snag, I'd be interested in knowing if there is anyone out there willing to be a backup? My worst nightmare is that he runs into a situation where he can't make it (he has to take the Amtrak, and I agreed to help pay, just PRAYING he has his cash to shell out for the rest, he says no problem, but I CANNOT take any chances) am I rambling? Yes, lol it's pure nerves!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards