New York-Upstate
Options

Looking for Barn/Vineyard/Orchard type venue WITH BATHROOMS!!!

shanakazanashanakazana member
First Anniversary
edited October 2014 in New York-Upstate
I live in the Albany area and am recently engaged! I'm looking to have a rustic/indie/classic vintage kind of wedding in either the capital district area, or the hudson valley area (where I grew up). I DO NOT want a "country wedding", but more of an elegant rustic theme, so a barn seems fitting, but is not the only option. I really really hate the idea of port-a-potties, so something with actual bathrooms is a must. I do like the more modern barns, like Pat's Barn in Troy.

Please Help!!

Re: Looking for Barn/Vineyard/Orchard type venue WITH BATHROOMS!!!

• Options
    Update!!!! I have been searching for the perfect venue for my sister's wedding. Her demands were country setting, elegant, unique and affordable. I hit the Jackpot couple years ago when I was looking for my own, but at the time didn't know much about this place so we have a traditional banquet hall wedding which I regret. Anyways I found the info and though I would share it here for all Buffalonians and brides across WNY. The place is a private estate near east aurora and home of an elite social club. My boyfriend sister-in-law has a friend who is a member of the club. I got in through her (you must be invited from a member to get in). Don't get your hopes up, from time to time they will allow non-members to get in or just give them a call and ask. As of right now, 'til December you can make reservations at their grand opening prices, which you would not believe. Much of your cost will be cut down in a huge way as they include ceremony/reception in same place, tables and seating is also included, and the setting and much of the decor/ ambiance is amazing. Outside liquor and catering is allowed and the only thing they require is liability insurance, which we tough that that was the catch, but surprisingly enough you can get it in your own for around $100-$175 in many places online, which you want to have anyway to be safe. Describing the place, would not make justice, so Im attaching a screenshot of their web with a link to it.leb-clubHope you can find this helpful, and hopefully availability for your date. We though we were going to have to wait for another year as most places were book up a year in advance. We will be there next August and can't wait. My lil' sister owes me big time for this one. 
    Here is the link again. Look under packages for the prices.
     If you find any other gem that offer anything like this, please share as many brides rely in the knot forums for guidance from real brides. Good luck and happy planning!!!

• Options
    Have you been able to find a few places that you like yet??
  • Options
    Did you check out The Pruyn House in Latham? Barn is pretty cool, grounds are beautiful. Bathroom is a bit of a walk, but they are real bathroom at least!
  • Options
    Also, I originally wanted something very similar to you - I checked out Pruyn House, the Shaker Meeting House, Pat's Barn... but they just didn't have everything I wanted and I didn't like the backup plans for bad weather. We ended up going with the Country Club of Troy - it has a great outside area, but the dining room is very cool with exposed beams and fireplaces. We really loved everything about it.
  • Options
    Oh, I keep having thoughts after I post... sorry! Check out the Orchard Creek Golf Club in Altamont! It's an apple orchard and is gorgeous!!! I absolutely loved it. It's more of a pavilion but after looking at lots of pictures there, they can really do anything you want to make it more formal, casual. VERY cool venue. Also, they will let you take golf carts around for pictures - so many options for beautiful pictures with all the trees and scenery. 
  • Options
    In Highland that place on 9W, my friend worked there for years.
  • Options
    Okay sorry it's actually Marlboro
    Kedem Winery and Tasting
    1519 Route 9W
    Marlboro, NY 12542

They do wedding and so does Brotherhood in Washingtonville they have a very nice venue best for outside though

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards