Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Oh, the excitement of making final payments :)

Because it means you're really close to your date!

28 days away from our vow renewal.  I have to say that DH and I have been acting all giddy in a way that is very similar to the days leading up to our wedding! lol New motivation in a marriage is always a good thing. ;)

For those getting married next month (or maybe renewing their vows but I know the majority here are brides), how are you feeling and what do you have left to do?

Re: Oh, the excitement of making final payments :)

• Options
    We are getting married in December and I feel like we still have to do everything.  ugh.
  • Options

We are getting married in December and I feel like we still have to do everything.  ugh.

Well, I will be nice and not remind you of how quickly mid-October to December go by even when you aren't planning a wedding...

Wait.... ;)

Seriously, good luck!

• Options
    We are ordering our wedding rings this weekend.  RSVPs are due next week.  I think things will start happening pretty quickly.  And my first dress fitting is October 25!
  • Options
    Our wedding isn't until October of next year but we're about halfway paid off on the venue. I will be relieved when it's paid off completely. We put some HUGE chunks towards it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are ordering our wedding rings this weekend.  RSVPs are due next week.  I think things will start happening pretty quickly.  And my first dress fitting is October 25!

How exciting! The rings were such a "this is really happening" moment for me when I got married.

Once those RSVPs start rolling in, time will really fly. Good luck with your fitting!

• Options
    Our wedding isn't until October of next year but we're about halfway paid off on the venue. I will be relieved when it's paid off completely. We put some HUGE chunks towards it.
    You are doing good! :)
  • Options
    When did you order your rings?? I'm curious about the timeline, because we found ours and want to buy them but I'm waiting! My fiance, on the other hand, is not so patient. He wants them NOW (especially as they both are on sale).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We got ours maybe 2 months out. I remember wanting them sooner but we didn't want to have them for a long time without wearing them and risk something happening to them.

Although, I also am not very good about passing up sales! @vegasbride2015

• Options
    The jewelers we talked to said to order them about 2 months out.  A month or so earlier probably wouldn't be bad but if your weight fluctuates.  As much as I wanted to get them earlier, I was also a little afraid to have them just sitting around.  
  • Options
    that is exactly what I am talking about!! Weight fluctuates, etc. Sale be damned. He won't be happy, but I am putting my foot down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When did you order your rings?? I'm curious about the timeline, because we found ours and want to buy them but I'm waiting! My fiance, on the other hand, is not so patient. He wants them NOW (especially as they both are on sale).
    We ordered ours for our 3/28/15 wedding and have them in hand already. FI's uncle is a jeweler in another state so when we were there visiting this summer we made a stop - he gave us a killer deal. We are sending my engagement ring and wedding band to his uncle to be sautered together about a month before the wedding, so if we need to have them resized he can do it then.

I would also have a hard time passing up a sale! You can always have them resized if needed. And as far as having them sitting around, we have them insured already through the same company that we insured my engagement ring with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I gotta talk to my fiance and give your guy's feedback on this, for sure. We can always resize them, like you said, @tcnoble

Thank you all so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure you ask the jeweler how easy it would be to resize the rings.  Some of the metals used for guys rings can't be resized. I think I am going to order an eternity ring and it would be pretty difficult to get that resized.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards