Chit Chat

@smichek

Re: @smichek

• AddieCake said:
    For me, yes. I can't speak for others. When something is suspicious to me, I want to investigate.
    This. I'm very guilty of digging for info on others (no one on here!). There is a natural curiosity. Unless anyone on here is psychic or has ESP, unless you post about digging, no one on here would know you are doing it. We could all be sitting here with Google open in another window looking up each other. IMHO, once you allude to digging, it invites the curiosity of many others and a ton more questions. It could potentially wade into murky territory. Again, just my take an opinion on it. 

The bolded - once someone mentions they found something of another posters then others try to do it too and we could potentially end up with something like the big blowout a while back where someone didn't use their better judgement and started posting things on someone's wedding website.  Feelings were hurt.  The KGs got involved.  Threads and accounts were deleted.  I think someone got banned.
    Anniversary

All these threads make me think of llamas.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:

I'm mesmerized by the first gif. I quoted you just so that I can watch it again.
    Anniversary
  • I agree with @sarahbear31.
    A bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon that she was ridiculous for her being on TK giving us an update about the accident and not wanting to break tradition with seeing her FI the night before.
    I think you're looking for dirt to gossip about and a throat to jump down, not really her well being and to see how awesome her wedding was.
    Jumped on the bandwagon. . . Oh so now when more than 2 posters agree on something we are jumping on a bandwagon? It couldn't be just that we are of a similar opinion, nah!
    I was going to call it flavorful wording, but I stand by what I said.
    Seems like when certain people post, certain others follow suit in terms of shared attitude.  IDK if it's because they share a similar opinion or just want to be controversial and be on the opposing side.  IDK.
    Anniversary

• AddieCake said:
    If people want to dig, nobody here can stop them. Posting is another story, but you can't tell people not to dig if they want to.

But.... can we PM about it?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't know about @smichek, but if I had gone through the 48 hours she did (potentially fatal car accident of her FI / DH + her wedding) followed by immediately returning to work, the LAST place I'd be is on here providing updates to people who judged her for her immediate reaction to the accident as well as being judged for how she handled things with her FI / DH as he was recovering from the concussion.

Give the woman a break and let her catch her breath after the whirlwind few days she's had. 

@RajahBMFD, call it a hunch, but I have a feeling that you're not at all concerned about smichek, her husband, and the other parties.  You just seem to want more dirt to snark on.  Give it a rest.
    To the bolded, oh we know. We know exactly how you react when things are too much for you. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    A bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon that she was ridiculous for her being on TK giving us an update about the accident and not wanting to break tradition with seeing her FI the night before.
    I think you're looking for dirt to gossip about and a throat to jump down, not really her well being and to see how awesome her wedding was.

I don't think Rajah ever said she was trying to see how awesome her wedding was. She simply asked the question.
    chasseuse said:
    lyndausvi said:
    chasseuse said:
    ScoutF said:
    esstee33 said:
    You guys need to start doing FFF again, for real. 
    We can't have those, because they make people feel bad.
    If only there was a place where FFF existed...
    But what does it mean?

FLAME-FEST FRIDAYS
    Thank you!

I feel sorry for Smichek. I completely understand where she is coming from as a stressed out, new teacher. She's had some real shit in her life. Is there lots of drama, sure. But it's a ton of stuff to deal with. I can't say I'd have done any better at her age.

I wish I could help make things better for her.
    And I think a lot of posters disagreed- I think she has had barely any shit, it was a lot of hyperventilating about lingerie and bedspreads. The only serious post I remember was the accident. I think that's where a lot of this is coming from- when people act like the world is constantly falling, they want to know what happens if something bad actually does happen.

That said- I think its great she is lurking. It can be tough to see some backlash- but I think she should see that most people are concerned about her, even if she didn't handle it great. I think she should focus on herself, her husband, and their new life. Take some time to think about everything that happened and hope that both her and her FI learn from the accident and go forward together, healing and healthy.
    Yes to overreacting about bedspreads, but the teaching stuff is real. I've been there. Sure, you can argue that she was exaggerating, but the details are real. A bad day at school makes everything else seem terrible. I teach white children of priviledge and my first year was like hers--I can't imagine being in her shoes. I'm willing to overlook some of the drama because I think she feels overwhelmed and alone in many ways.

Yeah, she shared more than was prudent, but she felt safe here. Perhaps it was a mistake on her part, but that means the community is working, right?
    Jumped on the bandwagon. . . Oh so now when more than 2 posters agree on something we are jumping on a bandwagon? It couldn't be just that we are of a similar opinion, nah!
    I was going to call it flavorful wording, but I stand by what I said.
    Seems like when certain people post, certain others follow suit in terms of shared attitude.  IDK if it's because they share a similar opinion or just want to be controversial and be on the opposing side.  IDK.
    I guarantee you that if I agree with something or Love a post, it's because I agree with it. Period. I have no need to try and be controversial. . .That's shit bored teen trolls do online. If my views are controversial, it's just virtue of those views.
    QFT

• AddieCake said:

I don't feel safe here. Sometimes people criticize me for having an empty chair for my mom at my wedding. I struggle every day to log on as a result. It's why I eat cake and drink margaritas. I would go to the Hive, but they banned me for NOT having the same opinions as them. I can't fucking win, man!

That's understandable. I'm not sure why people would criticize you for that. Its not an etiquette breach, you know?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ummmm, I was kidding about not feeling safe. I don't care what anyone thinks about the chair. What people have said about it hasn't scared me off from posting here.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ah, well... Sorry, I guess?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I agree she seems to have a lot of drama, but to be fair I feel that many of us go through rough points in life. Had I posted here when I was 24, I would have probably been deemed a drama queen. That was just one shitty year for me. I don't understand the point of the double post that day, but we have no idea what state of mind she was in, or if she herself had taken medication to stay calm. I do genuinely would like to know how her wedding went, and how everything turned out. I just love wedding updates, and I really do hope everything turned out okay with that whole situation.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• RajahBMFD said:

I'm mesmerized by the first gif. I quoted you just so that I can watch it again.
    He's so springy!

• What the hell is wrong with drama? What's all the anti drama nonsense?

This is the Knot.  Everybody loves the drama! Who needs TV? We have a fresh new episode of Bridezillas every other day. 
    Go ahead, do a DD. Everybody comes running. Why? To see what the drama is.
    Nothing on TV? Log on to the Knot. Yay, entertainment.

(Smichek's evil minister story was great, for example. I loved it. Loved hating him. That was some serious children of the corn type drama, there. Damned interesting. Excellent drama.) 

I'm not saying drama is the only good thing going on here. Obviously, there are much deeper friendships formed, and issues explored, as well as the practical advantages during wedding planning. But for pure entertainment value, hell yes, drama. People pay good money for plays and books, because drama.

Why lie? The drama here is excellent. 
    I mean I'm here, avoiding glittering votives for my reception.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Viczaesar said:
    RajahBMFD said:

He's so springy!
    Came for the drama, stayed for the llamas. And also watched this llama video 1 million times again because the first gif reminded me of it. [CLICKY].

• --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• As @Jells2Dot0 said I have stayed out of this as well but I sincerely hope with all my heart that every human being involved in that story is fine, that her wedding went well and that the sex was good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MagicInk said:
    Yes to overreacting about bedspreads, but the teaching stuff is real. I've been there. Sure, you can argue that she was exaggerating, but the details are real. A bad day at school makes everything else seem terrible. I teach white children of priviledge and my first year was like hers--I can't imagine being in her shoes. I'm willing to overlook some of the drama because I think she feels overwhelmed and alone in many ways.

Yeah, she shared more than was prudent, but she felt safe here. Perhaps it was a mistake on her part, but that means the community is working, right?
    @chasseuse‌ wait...what?! I'm on mobile so bolding not working so to be clear I'm talking about the "white children of privilege" shit. I know @smichek‌ works at a low income school. But I'm fairly certain white kids can be poor too. And nonwhite kids can be privileged. Surely you've seen the Cosby show or Roseanne? That actually happens in real life too! Sorry I had some funny joking shit to say but this just pissed me off. My future child(ren) are gonna be minorities and will probably go to these privileged white kids schools. Hope the teachers can handle some multi racial kids raised by queers next to the white kids.

STIB

I think you misunderstood my point. What I was trying to say is that I teach a group of students which is "supposed to be easier." That is lots of attentive parents (or nannies) or whatever. And I still struggled with figuring out my persona in the classroom. It has nothing to do with teaching minorities or minorities being in or out of the classroom. My point was simply that the environment in which I teach is less inherently difficult (based on HER description of her classes--the specific issues I had were less complicated than hers) and I still struggled so I can't imagine how difficult it would be in her shoes.

I will apologize for a poorly used stereotype. I was making use of it to set up the dichotomy. It was a poor choice and was not meant to insult anyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards