Oregon
Options

Portland outdoor venues in April.. seriously?

Hi all. I'm getting married in April 2013 and moving toPortland, where the wedding will be held. I'm having a hard time trying to find outdoor venues at that time due to rains. I wonder if it's that rainy. Any thoughts?

Re: Portland outdoor venues in April.. seriously?

• Options
    I wouldn't schedule an outdoor even in April without a solid backup plan.  Yes, it really is that rainy.  Even if it doesn't rain on the day of your wedding, you'd likely have mushy ground and it wouldn't be very warm.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it is that rainy.  July-Sept are the best for outdoor weddings, the other months are really, really risky.  My outdoor wedding is in June, and I'm pretty darn nervous!
  • Options
    There are a lot of locations that have both outdoor & indoor options, depending on how many people you are planning on having.

I'm getting married this April at the Troutdale House, just outside of Portland. It is a beautiful indoor location, but if it does turn out to be a nice day, we have the option of switching the wedding to Depot Park, which is right next to the Troutdale House. What's nice too is that the owners have a permit to use the park for events, so if someone is already there on the day of, they have the right to ask them to leave.

I would definitely look into places that can alternate easily between outdoor & indoor weddings. Some of the places I looked at (apart from the Troutdale House) were the Riverview restaurant (also in Troutdale) and Columbia Edgewater Country Club (by the airport). These places give you the option of switching the location of the wedding (indoor or outdoors) up to a few days in advance, so you'll definitely be keeping an eye on the weather.

Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    As others have said, even if it's not rainy, in April, it's likely to be cold and windy.

July-September are truly the best months for outdoor weddings in this part of the country. Even that's no guarantee - it rained 0.3" on the day of our mid-July wedding.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice and ideas for venues.I have contacted them and hopefuly I'll have a great wedding with a hope of an outdoor if weather changes for better. If you ladies remember any other venue option, I thank you all! I wish your weddings are great!
  • Options
    You might also try
    http://www.mcmenamins.com/54-edgefield-home

Mcmenamins Edgefield has both indoor and outdoor space. Its also very beautiful and can accomidate large and small parties. I don't know if they have the option to switch inside to outside depending on the weather, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Best of luck, and welcome to Oregon.
    Insert random message here.
  • Options
    Mcmenamins is gorgeous! Love that place. I'm having my wedding the end of June and am growing so nervous with this weird winter we've been having. Praying for warm, sunny weather (or at least dry!).

April is definitely very rainy, same with May.. and June. It's hit or miss. When it doubt, plan for rain in Oregon.
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem, My dates the 19th of april 2013 and the only place i found that dose out door weddings is the chines gardens. if you book for a weekday its about 1200. So its all so a bit cheaper then every where else too. And that includes the ceremonie and receptions and the full gardens. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards