Oregon

Salem salon recs?

Hello ladies!

I am looking for recommendations for salons in the city. My wedding is not til August 2012 but I would like to start searching for hair dressers now and recs for nail techs and make up artists to start checking out next summer. I have not had a professional hair cut in over 2 years and I was not very pleased with previous salons.  I am not looking for a dye job (naturally red, dye is a no no) but want someone to guide me to a good cut and get my hair into shape. Any leads would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Re: Salem salon recs?

• edited December 2011
    When I lived in Salem I used to (and my mom still does) get my hair cut by Michelle at Cosmos Studios (its downtown, off State). She does a great job and listens to what you want.

When I had my hair done for the wedding i had it done by Bry at Hot Rod Hair (the name kills me, she's the owner) in Dallas - she came to the venue. She also works out of a salon in Salem too.

I had my makeup done by Amie Montgomery - she used to be a MAC artist and just does freelance stuff now.

And my Mom and I both like having our nails done at Bella Vita Salon in Liberty Plaza.

PM me if you need any contact info for anyone. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Sent you a PM. Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    When I lived there, I went to Salon 551 downtown and it was really nice. Sara Brown there is a great lady and very talented, but I don't know if she does wedding styles, but there are several stylists in the building.
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards