Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Getting married before the wedding?

2»

Re: Getting married before the wedding?

• krisvee said:
    I'm in a similar situation. It was necessary we got married earlier than our intended date, and it's a secret to our family. We're going to have a ceremony this summer and reveal it then, when we say our vows (again) in front of everyone and celebrate. If you want to talk to someone about it feel free to shoot me a message.
    When my BFF got engaged she had promised that when she went wedding dress shopping her aunt could be there with her. They, in fact, planned a whole trip where the aunt would be coming in from out of town and it would be this big thing and it would be great. But then my friend decided she would go on her own just to look and I tried talking her out of it but she wouldn't listen and of course when we were at the bridal store she found a dress she wanted and she didn't know what to do because her aunt was coming into town in a few weeks and missed the Say Yes moment. 

So, she decided to lie and have the shop hold the dress and when she came back mix it in with the other dresses and reenact the whole moment of trying it on and coming out and everyone -- including her aunt -- getting to see her finding the dress. (The bridal shop didn't bat an eyelash, apparently this sort of thing happens often.)

She does this and pulls it off and no one is any the wiser and then, in the middle of the bridal store while wearing the dress, my BFF breaks down and confuses the truth to her aunt who was heartbroken because what she thought was this great magical moment of her niece finding the dress was really just a big fake show.

This was one woman reacting to a dress. Imagine the reaction of your entire guest list reacting to finding out the wedding they just witnessed or are about to witness is just a big fake show. Seriously, stop and think about that please and then either cancel this plan or tell everyone in advance that you are already married so they can choose for themselves if they want to attend the fake ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards