Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Officially put down the deposit on our Honeymoon to Greece!

I can't believe this is really happening but we are officially going to Greece for our honeymoon next summer! 5 days in Santorini and 3 days in Athens. Any advice or suggestions for those who have been? It's both my fiancé's and my first time out of the US. I'm so excited!

Re: Officially put down the deposit on our Honeymoon to Greece!

• Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Excellent choice!! Santorini is one of my all time favorite places in the world. Go to the top point of Oia for the world famous sunsets. There's a lookout point where literally hundreds of people gather to just watch the sunset. Nothing beats it. Take a donkey ride down to the beach near Oia. There is black sand/ black rocks where you can swim and I even cliffjumped. It wasn't very high, there were like children doing it! There's a little restaurant down there on the water that is so amazing. If you like fish, order a sepoura. It's come a whole fish sliced in half and grilled and it's so delicious. Same with the grilled octopus. Mmmmmm. 

Athens, definitely walk/ hike the Acropolis. It's just awe inspiring to see something built thousands of years ago. And try souvlaki (pork on a stick). God, all the food their is amazing- tiropitas (cheese pies), saganaki (fried cheese), real greek yogurt. You are going to have the best time!! Are you taking a flight in between or a ferry? I took ferry.

• Options
    Do not miss the National Museum of Archeology in Athens!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Greece is the BEST.  I had a GREAT time.  We did a ton of history tours in Athens.  Generally I hate tours, but it was great becausee there is soooo much history there.  Also, we drank a ton of coffee there, its soooo good.  All the food is amazing! Eat a ton of seafood, its great.  IN santorini, just relax.  We walked through the streets a lot, and just kind of explored.  We got lost a ton, and not a ton of islanders speak english, but that made it more fun.  The islanders are funny, they have a stigma about the 'mainlanders'.  They think they are uptight, but compared to America, they all seem laid back!

Enjoy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards