Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

DDB in April?

Hey brides!

We are getting married April 4th next year.  We want to take our guests on a tour of strip for photos and fun.  We are considering the double-decker bus.  I'm not sure about temperatures in early April though.  I'm worried it could be 1) a bit on the chilly side, 2) windy.
I've seen a lot of posts about the ddb.  Anyone have any issues with weather?  OR hair?  Are we going to look wind-blown by the time we get to the reception?
One last question - how long of a tour is good?  3 hours seems like a long time.

Thanks!  And thanks for all the great info you've been posting...super helpful!

Re: DDB in April?

• Options
    April is great in Vegas. I wouldn't worry about it being chilly or windy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding was on 14th April and we had the DDB for 2 hours - the 2 hours went very quickly although we were off it for around 30-40 mins taking photos at the Bellagio fountains and lake! We were picked up at Little Church of the West and in the 2 hours we managed to fit in a quick stop at the LV sign, a tour up the strip to the Bellagio, photo stop, and then further up the strip to The Wynn. We wanted to go to Freemont St as well but we didn't have the time - we only just made it to The Wynn as the two hours were up!

As for weather, it was a hot sunny day, not a windy day, but when the bus picks up speed you get a lot of wind in your face/hair - we loved it for cooling us down and my updo stayed put, but people who had looser updo's or their hair down were getting a bit blown all over the place! 

All in all we loved it and would highly recommend! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    April is great! We're doing it in January! We're locals though, so we're used to the weather!
  • Options
    If you want to be someone's best friend, bring some ponytail holders with you. (Just those plain colored ones that come in bunches of 10-15.) It'll cost you about $3 and people will be so grateful.

I usually carry a few in my purse since H and I both have long hair, and when I notice someone's hair flying around, I offer one to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards