Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Photography & Videography

Any recommendations for awesome photography & videography for my wedding ceremony & reception? Total 4-6 hours needed.
Thanks so much!

Re: Photography & Videography

• Options
    I've got a bunch of options at http://www.vegasgroom.com/9/ with links to reviews for each vendor.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    There are TONS! I just went through this process. Tyler Freer, Bentley & Wilson and Joey Allen seem to be the most popular on this board but you have to book them early. I am still 6 months out and all 3 were booked for my day :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah it's really crazy how early the well known photogs book up for weekends during wedding season.  We booked Mike L a year out, and that was after the first person we contacted was already booked.  In hindsight, I'm glad it worked out that way because we loved Mike and hired him again for our 1st anniv; cool how things work out that way sometimes.

• Options
    I guess I got pretty lucky.  I booked Joey Allen about 4 months out.  So far, Joey has been great.  He's very responsive, and even emailed me once to tell me he would be out of town just in case I tried to contact him.  
  • Options
    I'm debating between my top 3 (in our price point): Gardenia Lane, Gin & Sake, and Max Hague. All are awesome and reply quickly! I had a photographer (Meg Meyer) picked and ready to put down a deposit, but communication was REALLY bad. The last thing I sent was asking (again) what all was included and how to put my deposit down and never received a reply (it's now been 3+ weeks).

I've also looked into Imagine Studios because when I contacted them they said they have done several recent ceremonies at Aria (who has a super strict contract with Cashman).
  • Options
    Tyler Freer!
    great pics
  • Options
    I haven't heard of gardenia lane and max Hague. @hmgiffor‌ what'd you end up doing regarding your photography dilemma?
  • Options
    I know we've talked about tipping photographers before, but have any of you invited your photographer to any of your other events?  We won't really have time to meet with the photographer in person beforehand, but we are having an informal dinner in the suite the night before that wouldn't be too expensive to add another head.  We are also not providing him with a meal the day of as we are not booking him for the reception dinner.  Would it be inappropriate to invite him to the dinner the night before?
  • Options
    Uhhh don't get me started. I think I am just going to suck it up with the photographer we had and have the awesome photographer edit a few of our favorites. I looked at our budget in more detail and I am a little nervous lol. I did enter a contest for a photographer that I really liked so we will see! Maybe I'll get lucky and a lot less people will come than we budgeted for :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So that was the one you won the package through? I'm sure it'll work out!
  • Options
    Yea. I hope it works out. I am going to chat with her this week and have her start doing research on locations since she is not local. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know we've talked about tipping photographers before, but have any of you invited your photographer to any of your other events?  We won't really have time to meet with the photographer in person beforehand, but we are having an informal dinner in the suite the night before that wouldn't be too expensive to add another head.  We are also not providing him with a meal the day of as we are not booking him for the reception dinner.  Would it be inappropriate to invite him to the dinner the night before?
    Our photog had engagement photos as part of our package; we were able to trade those for having them cover the rehearsal dinner, so it gave us time to meet them the night before and that worked out well.

• Options
    Tyler Freear!!!

He was fantastic and I wouldn't change anything about his pictures. He is a great choice and I am very particular about my vendors and hands down he was my best vendor!
  • Options
    I second Joey Allen! His reviews on here are excellent and his portfolio online had gorgeous pics as well. I was lucky enough to book him for April!
  • Options
    Tyler Freear!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards