Oregon
Options

Portland Area - Courthouse Wedding?

Hello to all of you lovely ladies!

With just a month to go, I have extremely cold feet about having the big ceremony, and am wanting to elope in the sense that I want to just have a courthouse wedding.  Has anyone in the Portland area done that or is planning on that? If so, where? If you have done it, what was your experience like?

Thanks!

Re: Portland Area - Courthouse Wedding?

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're going to do the courthouse instead of the wedding?

My SIL and her H were going to do that when they got married 3 years ago.  It was $100 I think, plus the marriage license which had to be purchased before hand, just like for any wedding.  From what they learned the rooms are small and the whole thing is kind of cold and fast.  They decided to have a small family ceremony at home instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why cold feet about the wedding? I know court house weddings are right for some people, but to me it sounds like you'd really be missing out.

I've seen this ad on craigslist for a cheap/small wedding but still more than a courthouse experience.
    http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/for/2050212703.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if at all possible i would avoid the courthouse wedding. I say this because I went to one a few years ago and it was just really cold feeling. You can only have a few people there and they just kind of rush things and its really impersonal. the judge seemed like it was more of an inconvienince to him. I did not like it at all. Just my advice hun. but its your decision just make sure it truely is what you want to do because this is one of the biggest moments of your life and you don't want to regret it. Best of luck.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards