Chit Chat
Options

Just got dinner for .19 cents!

Got 3 pizzas, wings, bread sticks, cinnamon sticks and apple pies for .19 cents tonight!

Because I'm lactose intolerant we usually get half of the pizza without cheese.
I placed our usual order online - half cheese, half without, pepperoni & pineapple.
We get there, pay and then I look at the pizza before walking out - the whole thing is covered in extra cheese.

They were kind enough to make us another pizza and asked if we would wait 10 minutes.
We said sure and took a seat.
15 minutes pass and they come and tell us that they messed up the 2nd one and it has extra pepperoni, the whole thing has no cheese, and it has mushrooms, not pineapple.

All I could do was laugh.  Before I could say we will take it they said they just put a 3rd one in that is correct.

An off duty manager happened to stop in and was there as they were telling us this and told them they need to comp us at least the cost of the pizza.  But then as she saw the other things we had and found out we had already sat there for 30 minutes waiting to go she told them they needed to comp us our order.

They gave us all of our money back except the change, but there's no way I'm going to complain about it!  All I can do is laugh!

Today turned out pretty good.
How was everyone's Sunday?
Anniversary

Re: Just got dinner for .19 cents!

• Options
    Whoa! That's great they comped you. Too many restaurants don't =/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Have you ever made pizza with daiya dairy free cheese before?  It's actually not bad.  

It's always nice to hear about businesses that really care about their customers. Glad you got to have the pizza you wanted, and a great deal!

• Options
    @levioosa I've never heard of that cheese before.  Where do you think I could find it?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Awesome cheap dinner! Good score!
    H abd I went to see Gone Girl. He suddenly has the urge to sleep in the couch and wants to lock in anything sharp.
  • Options

LDay2014 said:
    Awesome cheap dinner! Good score! H abd I went to see Gone Girl. He suddenly has the urge to sleep in the couch and wants to lock in anything sharp.
    Haha.  I read the book when it first came out, but I have not seen any of the trailers for the movie.  Was it any good?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Wow, that's awesome.  It probably helped that you were so nice about it.

My Sunday was pretty great.  I had brunch with friends, and then... drum roll please... I tracked down THE SHOES that I've been internet stalking forever.  I'm so excited.

We addressed our StDs and just have to mail them tomorrow.  I'm excited about that.  Although strongly not considering sending one to my dad because he's just going to call me up and be like, "What is this wedding stuff?  What's the point?  How much did it cost?" but if I don't send him one, his mom and sister will get it and then he'll be annoyed he was left out.

Hopefully this week at work will be medium-busy.  So far I've been either completely swamped, or really slow.  Being slow is also annoying because I have to bill a certain number of hours per day, and I can't just sit at my desk Knotting for obvious reasons.

I'm also supposed to be able to print my health and dental insurance cards by Monday, so I'm super excited to re-enter PT and finally start taking care of my hip again.  And I can do the consultation for my dental work.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    @paperpusher , they sell it at the Sprouts (a healthier type of grocery store) near my house, but I was also really surprised to find it at a Stater Bros. the other day.  If you go to their website it looks like you can put in your zip code and find locations it's sold near you.  It's not cheese I would ever eat raw, but throw it on a pizza with some sauce and toppings, and it tastes just fine. =)  

• Options
    Wait, @JCbride2015 - I didn't realize you had started back to work.  Congrats!  Does this mean you passed the bar and I missed it?
    Anniversary

• Options
    That's great that they comped your meal for you. I think it probably helped that y'all had a good attitude about it as well.

• Options
    Sweet!  It's definitely nice to hear about a business actually taking care of its customers and righting wrongs.  I went out to lunch with two coworkers once to a new restaurant near our office.  We all ordered burgers.  The waiter came back to our table 10 minutes later with the manager, and they were both sweating bullets--turns out there was an issue with the supplier of the grass-fed beef they use for the burgers and they were all out.  They told us to order whatever other entrees we wanted and lunch would be on the house.  

The end result:  3 lobster rolls and an appetizer--$87 worth of food--for free (except for the generous tip we left for the waiter).  Best.  Lunch.  Ever.  It seemed a little excessive at the time, but it was a really smart move for the restaurant.  They'd just opened, and we probably wouldn't have ever gone back and would have told our coworkers not to bother checking it out either had they not gone above and beyond to fix the problem.
  • Options
    Wait, @JCbride2015 - I didn't realize you had started back to work.  Congrats!  Does this mean you passed the bar and I missed it?
    @paperpusher Thanks!  Nope, I haven't found out yet.  It's not very important in my firm to be sworn in right away because you're working in a team and don't have to personally go to court.  So they got me started working before the bar results come out.  I should find out sometime in early November.  And don't worry-- for better or worse, I will post about it here!  Either way, lots of margaritas will be drunk!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @jcbride2015, what kind of shoes did you get?
  • Options
    @jcbride2015, what kind of shoes did you get?
    @sarahbear31 I got the same pair of shoes I already have in two colors and wear to work every day... in a third color.  I now have black, navy, and nude.  They are the most comfortable heels ever.

LK Bennett Sybila

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @JCbride2015‌ I miss you!
    @lolo883

I lurk a lot on my phone in the elevator at work and stuff.  I'm not totally gone.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, too, but I can digest goat and sheep milk cheese with no problem. I can also digest some harder cheeses just fine, too. Worth the experiment with lactaid on hand and a day at home. :)

Good for you for being so patient with the peeps at the restaurant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards