Not Engaged Yet

Monday chat...?

ughhhh, it's MONDAY.

come chat here.  tell me about your weekend!

Re: Monday chat...?

• I am SO SO SO SO sick, ladies! I felt a little better on Saturday, then just iffy yesterday--sore throat and fatigue. But starting last night, oh my god, the congestion got so bad. I should have known, since that's what happened to J, but I was hoping that I could fight it off (it took 1 day for him to go from not-sick to this-sick, whereas it took me almost 4).

I can't stay home sick today--I have to give a quiz and teach and hold an office hour. But we're going to have to find a way to cancel our dance lesson. We would have canceled yesterday but the studio is closed on Sundays. Hopefully, "My fiancée is severely immunocompromised and is currently very, very sick and barely able to work today" will convince them to let us reschedule without penalty.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Feel better, @phira

My weekend was good. I went out Friday night with my BFF and we met up with @hummingbird125 which is always a good time :) 

Saturday, I was fighting a hangover until 1pm -- getting older sucks -- but then I got started on packing up the apartment. Saturday night, H and I went to the Devils game. 

Yesterday, I started packing at 9am and didn't stop until 8pm. There is still SO much to get done so I'm probably going to take Thursday and maybe even Wednesday off this week to prepare for Saturday's move! I can't even believe how soon it is. 

• those are some beautiful pictures, @severmilli12!

last night my mom came over for a little bit, brought her dogs to play with mine.  we were loading her pups up in the car, and this large "dog" came out of nowhere.  we managed to get them in the car safely, but this dog wasn't afraid of anything!!  we banged trash cans at it, shook rakes and shovels to chase it off, kicked at it, screamed and bellowed (ha!), honked at it, and nothing would phase it.  my mom left and it tried to follow me in the house, but I kicked it out.  it hung around the cul-de-sac for a while afterwards, but I didn't see it this morning.

I told my husband about it, and he is worried that it was a coyote or hybrid coyote.  I just assumed it was a dog, because what coyote would come up close to people??  apparently, suburban coyotes are becoming a problem in my area.  so who knows!

my weekend?  I studied a lot, hardly saw H.  he was out Friday night with his buds, my class was Saturday, and Sunday evening he was out playing basketball with some friends until late (I was already in bed).

I ran my fastest 5K yet, yesterday morning!  3.15 miles in 33 min 34 sec.  I only stopped to walk for like 30 seconds total.  I am going to OWN this turkey trot!

I made chili yesterday in the crock pot.  I thought it was wonderful (1/3 c. chili plus some ancho chili, guatemalan coffee, tomatoes, ground chicken, onion, etc.) but my mom said it "had no flavor".  what the heck is wrong with her?? 
  • Hi Everybody!!  Miss me???

I'm trying to play catch up.  I'm still tired from Disney, but I'm back at work today (I really should have taken today off).  I think the sooner H and I are adjusting to our schedules probably the better.

@Phira - Hope you feel better soon!

@severmillie2 - Love the fall colors!!

Anniversary
  • welcome back, @Dignity100!!  you're married!!!  tell us all about it!!
  • @severmilli12 - Pretty pics! Glad to hear you liked Annabelle. I hope H and I can get out to see it soon! 

@CocoBellaF - That chili sounds DIVINE. 

@Dignity100 - Welcome back, married lady!

• @Dignity100 HELLO MARRIED LADY!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies - I'll try to download some pics and do a wedding recap when ever I get a chance - I'm still buried by work emails :( .  I don't have my professional pictures yet, but I do have some of my guest pictures. 

For those getting married - I used wedpics and my guests seemed to really like it (easy to upload to, and they could upload what they were doing so H and I could see).

Anniversary
  • @phira, hope you feel better soon!

@severmilli12, such beautiful pictures! One of my best friends lives in Indiana and I have always wanted to visit her in the fall - so pretty.

@CocoBellaF, congrats on your 5K time, that's awesome!

@Dignity100, welcome back, Mrs.!

@TwoDimes, so jealous of your furniture binge! That is too exciting!

@peaseblossom55, BABIIIIIEEEESSSS, YAY!

@kaitlynmichelle, congrats on the new furbaby! She sounds beautiful, and I love the name Raven.

This weekend was so lazy and relaxing. I really needed one like this.

Friday I had worked an INSANE twelve, so I pretty much just went home, watched TV with my mom, and went to bed.

Saturday, I slept in super-late, started preparing for my interview, and did some couponing/meal planning. I'm getting REALLY good at this, guys. It was double coupon week at Harris Teeter, and I think my OOP was $63 on $130-ish of merchandise. Not quite TLC-level, but still, I was excited to save that much!

Sunday I did a little more grocery shopping for the stuff I couldn't coupon for, and then I cooked and baked. I made some pork chops in the slow cooker, parmesan garlic green beans, and a homemade cookie cake and it was all DELICIOUS, IMHO. Then my mom and brother and I watched The Walking Dead.

I'm at work today, but got switched to the desk, so yay, some Knotting time! (And some interview prep and job hunting time, but shhhh.)

• @TwoDimes H and I LOVE HIMYM but we were really disappointed with the last season :\  Such a let down. 

@CLoGreenEyes  You should def visit her if you get the chance. Indiana has amazing fall scenery, especially Southern Indiana.
    Anniversary

• @twodimes I was so not happy with how HIMYM ended. I find most shows I'm not happy with how they end.  I was real upset with the ending of Lost too.  I was actually ok with how Friends ended

H joked after we watched The Walking Dead last night, the finale was going be Rick waking up in the hosptial and the whole thing was a dream... I gave him the death glare.

Anniversary

• This weekend was sooo awesome! I'm going to post more in another thread about @LaPeanut1018 's wedding. Friday we had the rehearsal dinner and Saturday was the wedding. Sunday was the brunch and H and I came home sooo exhausted.

Today I'm playing major catch up on work. After work I'm going to go workout so I can sweat off all the food and alcohol consumed this weekend and then go to the grocery store and Home Depot. 
  • @peaseblossom55, if that actually happened on TWD, I would be SO MAD.

I'm not sure what I would want to happen instead, though. I guess for whatever solution Eugene has up his sleeve to work, and for all the characters to find peace and love and happiness in a post-walker world, however unlikely that may actually be.

• @TwoDimes - Well, I was prepared to book movers on Friday online but we were waiting for one local company to come over and give us an estimate. The online price I got was about $400. I was out that night so I asked H to handle it for us. The company that came in person to give us an estimate wanted $1200 (!!!!!). So I assumed H booked what I planned out online -- I had even sent him the screen shot so there was no room for error. Well, he decided he didn't think that was a great plan so he booked a U-Haul and asked a bunch of his friends to be our movers. I'll be lucky if any of them are awake before 2pm so Saturday will be fun. I can't wait to buy furniture! We're waiting until we get in there to go shopping for that stuff. I can't wait to see pics of what you got! 

@Peaseblossom55 - Yay for danser bebes!!!!! 

@kaitlynmichelle - I love Raven so much!

@CLoGreenEyes - I am DYING to watch TWD because I keep seeing posts about it on FB. H watches it too, though, so I have to wait until I get home tonight to watch. It's killing me! 

• Hey guys!

So, my Monday got off to a crappy start. A mile away from work and I was making a left turn when I my car felt funny. Got to work and sure enough, my back left tire was completely flat. I must have run over a nail or something. Luckily, my coworker put my spare tire on, so I didn't even need to call AAA and wait for them to come. I got it a new tire put on and it only cost me $50, so it oculd have been a lot worse.

As far as the the weekend went - it was awesome. I met FI in the city for happy hour after work on Friday. We've been going out SO MUCH lately, but every time I feel maybe a little too tired to go out, or regret spendning money on booze, I remind myself that a year from now I could be KTFU, so I should enjoy living irresponsibly and drunkily(?) for just a little while longer. It was even more worthwhile because @Swazzle and her BFF met up with us and we had a great time. We were at the bar that FI and I met at, which we've only been back to maybe two other times since the night we met. After all of our friends left, we went upstairs to the spot we met, and reminisced. I always remark on how lucky it was that we were both out that night that our mutual friend invited us, but FI seems to think that if we didn't meet that night, we would have met some other time, because neither of us were supposed to end up with anyone but each other. I just don't think like that, but I kind of love that he does.

Saturday we took the pup to her favorite dog park. Sunday we did a lot of cleaning and laying around. And last night I ordered an iPhone 6 since the volume button on my 4s has stopped functioning, and it was time. This is seriously the first time I'll ever have a phone that's NEW, and I'm pretty excited to get it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited October 2014

@CLoGreeneyes yup I would be so mad that happened.  I don't know how the show could really end, either they all die eventually or they all survive this somehow and eventually the zombie thing becomes manageable that life can start to resume normally.  I fear Eugene really has no answer at all. 

@Swazzle finding movers is the worst, we moved most of the stuff over ourselves b/c we were moving within the same town so it was less than 5 miles away.  We still payed $500 to have our big stuff moved over to our new house.

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes I absofuckinglutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Friends and I agree--you could not possibly marry someone who hasn't watched it. Gotta fix that problem.
    Anniversary
  • @swazzle, I think this episode will be worth the wait! I was kind of underwhelmed by the season premiere, but it's getting pretty fun.

I hope Saturday goes well for you guys! It can be frustrating not to have everything on a more exact schedule, but on the bright side it's super-nice that his friends were willing to help out. :)

@peaseblossom55, yeah, I'm worried about the same thing with Eugene. I have got to read the graphic novels, I can't stand not knowing what's coming!

• @CLoGreenEyes I've read through the second compendium of the comics.  Some of it is the same as the series but a lot is different.  I like that's it's not really a spoiler and can be enjoyed separately too.

Anniversary

• @phira feel better! Chicken noodle soup and vitamin C are your friends!!

@swazzle a U-haul trailer is the cheapest option.  I did that when I moved from Massachusetts to PA.  Then I just bribed friends and family in both states with beer and pizza.  Each house took less than 2 hours. A friend of mine hired movers and a lot of her stuff arrived damaged, so I now have trust issues and prefer to move everything myself. 

@twodimes I compare every finale to Friends as well, and have yet to find another show that compares!  I loved the HIMYM series, until the last season.  By that point it was that they held on too long and just ruined it.

southernpeach89 can't wait to hear all about @lapeanut1018 wedding!!

This weekend was full of spoiling, well yesterday was, the rest of the weekend I spent catching up on housework and walking!!  Yesterday was a spa day.  I got a pumpkin spice aroma therapy massage.  I only could smell the ps when it was near my face, which is good because I didn't smell like ps all day.  The masseuse focused on every part that has been compensating since I've been on crutches and I could just feel the exhaustion and tension leaving my body. I got home and decided to keep pampering myself and gave myself a pedicure, manicure, and facial.

Tomorrow is my birthday so tonight bf and I are going to fill the truck bed with pillows and blankets and lay out to watch the Orionid Meteor shower.  It's a tradition we started when we first started dating since it always peaks the morning of my birthday. I have no idea what is going on tomorrow, but I didn't take off work, so probably nothing too exciting.  Bf has something up his sleeve though because he asked me how many PTO days I have left for the year. So I'm sensing some sort of vacation in my future :)

• @phira Feel better soon! :(

@swazzle I can't believe you move this weekend! That's so exciting!

@peaseblossom55 Awww I'm so excited for you guys that you're going to start TTC soon! 

@Dignity100 Can't wait to see more pics and hear all about your big day! So happy for you!

@severmilli12 I don't know if you're aware of this, but you live in an idyllic postcard town. Wow.

@TwoDimes HIMYM's finale makes me rage. I like to forget about the entire last season. There were some funny moments (i.e. "Thank you, Linus!"), but overall the writers ruined the entire story. 

Sorry if I left anyone out...crazy day already. I love how many of posts I've already clicked "Love It" on in this thread! I'm so glad that there are so many wonderful things going on in all of your lives!

This weekend we went to Austin, which was a lot of fun but also very exhausting. We met at FI's job Friday afternoon and left at 4pm. Due to tons of traffic, a drive that should have taken about 3 hours took 5 hours. No bueno. We got there around 9pm and went to Cheddar's for dinner with my aunt. The next morning we were up bright and early to go pick up a large bow and/or gift sack for the baby shower gifts my friends and I bought (stroller). FI and I went my friend's apartment who was storing the baby shower gift, and it was too big even for a huge gift sack. All we could do was stick a big bow on there and hope it didn't look too ghetto. We got to the shower about 30 minutes early, so we helped set up. Everyone ended up being about 30 minutes late to the shower, so we were there REALLY early, but it was all good. They served brunch and bottomless mimosas at the baby shower. I tried to be really good though since I'm apparently doing engagement photos very very soon. The shower ended at 3, and then I went to my friend's house to spend a bit more time with her and check out the nursery. Afterwards I drove out my to cousin's house, and FI and I hung out with them the rest of the night. We had a lot of fun. Drove back to my aunt's house around 11, and we passed out almost immediately. We got up, grabbed food, and left yesterday around noon, and we were home around 3:30. I took a 2 hour nap and did absolutely nothing the rest of the night... I have a feeling I'll kick myself for that the rest of the week, but it felt so good at the time!

Today was SUPER chaotic. I needed to be at work at 8am to help train a new hire, but I was running a little behind. Around 7:50 I'm about to leave the apartment when it dawns on me that we never picked up my car from FI's work. We were so tired yesterday that we completely forgot! FI was still asleep, so I had to go wake up him, and we were both panicking. Luckily a friend of ours who also works there was awake and said she would pick him up. He'll just drive my car home tonight. I have his car, but it took me a while to get that figured out, get his keys, go through his car to take out everything he'll need for his day, and then get my butt to work. I got here around 8:35, but apparently the new hire had gotten here at 8:30, so all was good. 

SO, I'm starting to train her, we're getting along well, it all seems promising... until we realize the internet isn't working on her computer. I grab a coworker who does techy things here, and he fixes it pretty quickly. Awesome. Training continues. I go to pull up the network files stored on our server--- no access. WHAT?! Go grab that coworker again. Neither of us can figure it out. 15 minutes of freaking out and troubleshooting pass, and we figure out how to get access (for now) to those files. As long as she has access to the files, I'm happy. But holy moly, what a cluster of a morning!

I'm working from home the rest of the week, so I my to-do list today is all stuff that must be done today and/or stuff that can only be done in the office. Here's hoping Monday stops being so Monday-like ASAP.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Phira - I hope you start feeling better soon! I hate teaching when I'm sick :(

@Severmilli - I love your pictures!

@Swazzle - I hate packing/moving but yay for a new house! That is super exciting!

@CocoBella - Coyotes are becoming more common in BF's neighborhood as well. It used to just be mostly foxes but we've a couple of Coyotes this month.

My weekend was a mix of good and bad. BF and I went to the corn maze which was really fun! It's one of our October traditions. I was afraid we weren't going to be able to go this year because BF is super stressed about taking the GRE at the end of the month along with having a paper due next week for his internship, so he spends a ton of time studying these days. We also had dinner with a friend on Saturday which was fun. She wanted to go a haunted house but thankfully BF wasn't in the mood, haunted houses are not my thing! Also, I finished chapter 4 of my thesis! I'm so excited it was taking my forever and for some reason this weekend it all clicked for me and a busted it out!

As for the bad - BF's dad was driving me nuts this weekend. It's election season (blech) and he kept trying to tell me (and BF) how to vote and was being incredibly condescending. I hate politics and I already know who I'm voting for and honestly he does too. He's knows I'm a libertarian and don't believe in the two party system so I rarely vote republican or democrat but he's decided recently that he is a hard-core democrat and that makes him superior to everyone else so he can tell people how to vote. Also, he was going to just fill out his daughter's ballot for her and mail it in. I was horrified. I told him that was illegal and he either needed to call her and have her tell him how to fill hers out or not send it in at all.

• Gooooood morning ladies!

@phira - Feel better! Hopefully you guys can work something out with the dance place to avoid a penalty.

@Swazzle - Moving! So soon!!!

@severmilli12 - Your pics are so pretty, and I want your puppy.

@CocoBellaF - Damn, that's scary! There's a ravine near my parents' house and I remember driving home from work one night at like 3AM (restaurant job) and getting close to the ravine and seeing a dog standing at the side of the road. I was worried that someone's dog had gotten out and was running around...until I drove past and it was a coyote! I actually yelled, out loud in the car by myself at 3AM "Oh my God that is not a dog!!!" but I'm a crazy person so whatever.

@Dignity100 - Welcome home married lady! Tell us about your wedding!!

@Peaseblossom55 - BEBES!!!!

@kaitlynmichelle - Aw, she's so cute! How could no one else want her??

@TwoDimes - HIMYM finale was so bad it still makes me angry. I wanted to kick my TV.

----------------------

My weekend was awesome and I am so sad that I'm back at work!

FI and I were up at 4:30 on Thursday morning (uuuuugh) for our flight to New York. Somehow we ended up in an alternate reality where I was NOT a cranky morning person and was actually very chipper. I don't know what was wrong with me. We went straight to Madison Square Gardens when we got into the city to pick up our wristbands for the conference, and then his friends went to their hotel and we headed to his aunt and uncle's new place in Brooklyn. I want to steal their house and move it to Toronto and live in it forever. Thursday afternoon we wend down to SoHo and hung out and shopped a bit.

The conference started Thursday night and it was AWESOME! It was run by this Christian (Pentecostal) church/band from Australia, and they're so good it's ridiculous. Great session Thursday night but it ran until 10 and we had been up since 4:30 so we were exhausted and just went straight back to his aunt and uncle's to crash.

Friday and Saturday we went to the morning and evening sessions of the conference, but skipped the afternoons. We went and did touristy stuff with his friends who hadn't been to NY before (WTC memorial, Empire State building, central park) and got to enjoy our weekend away. Some of his friends are not organized or decisive so it was like herding cats occasionally, but we had a good time. The conference wrapped up Saturday night and they had a great concert at the end complete with confetti cannons and wacky-waving-inflatable-arm-flailing-tube-men (damn, I hope someone gets that reference)

Yesterday we got to sleep in a bit and then walked around Brooklyn with his aunt and uncle and went for brunch. FI and I had a few hours to kill so we went to Chelsea market and the high line park before pulling our stuff together and flying home.

Our flight was delayed a bit so we got home later than anticipated. After such a packed weekend I am SO TIRED. It was such a good time though, and I'm so glad FI got me a ticket back in the winter. Registration is already open for next year so I think we're going to book this week.

OH! And FI and his mom are talking about flights for our HM today! We're booking flights using his dad's 11 billion aeroplan points, so his mom is looking into what we can get. YAY!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @phira - I'm sorry you're feeling so rotten! Everyone around me is ill, so I'm just treating my body extremely well right now in the hopes that I don't have to miss a week of work like everyone else.

@swazzle - OMG, your move is so soon! That's crazy awesome! Packing is always so much easier than unpacking. Enjoy this while it lasts, haha

@severmilli12 - I hadn't seen your dog yet! What a freakin cutie!

@TwoDimes - Sounds like you made a haul at the furniture store! I can't wait to have a house to fill with furniture. I'm still toting around all the stuff I got at Ikea for my first apartment.

@Peaseblossom55 - Yay for TTC!

@CLoGreenEyes - That is some insane couponing! Holy hell!

@TwoDimes - That was a really really disappointing finale. Glad to hear you watched The Office though. That last episode is one of my all-time favorites. I cried at least twice.

@speakeasy14 - Yay vacation!!! I can't wait for one of those.

@eilis1228 - That definitely sounds like a Monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend was nice, although it went by much much too fast. My parents drove down friday night (about 4.5 hours) and we went with BF to get dinner. Saturday we went to my BF's brother's house and did a blind taste test of 18 different homebrewed beers from me/BF, BF's dad, and my dad. Needless, to say, we got pretty schnockered. It was nice for our parents to meet. They got along all right, but his family has some drama right now, so it felt a little awkward overall. But my beer score the highest out of all of them!

Sunday the Seahawks lost, so that sucked, but Green Bay won, so that was alright. My parents left in the morning, and I'm glad I got to see them because I probably won't again until Thanksgiving.

• @Dignity100-congrats on being married!!! Can't wait to see pics
    @phria-hope you feel better quickly, being sick is no fun
    @severmill12 your fall pics are beautiful, makes me wish we'd taken more pics this weekend
    Saturday I put Halloween decorations in the yard, then we drove up to BFs great aunt's house where I met the entire extended family. I was a surprise party for her 90th birthday, and I think there were almost 40 of us there! Then we came home and just watched movies.

Sunday we finally got and carved our pumpkins, then watched the Ravens game and had a lazy Sunday. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards