Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Alteration Recs?

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a great seamstress in the Boston area? I bought my dress in RI, but after hearing horrible things about the shop's alteration services, I'll be taking it elsewhere! TIA

Re: Alteration Recs?

• Options
    If you can drive north of Boston, Fay Carraher works in Billerica. She does WONDERFUL work!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    If you can drive north of Boston, Fay Carraher works in Billerica. She does WONDERFUL work!

Does she do dress steaming? I just found out David's doesn't steam them if they get altered elsewhere and I'm in billerica!
  • Options
    I highly recommend Zoya Designs in Somerville. My dress needed a ton of work (brought down from a size 12 to a size 2) and it was really complex. Dress looked PERFECT, and her prices were better than quotes I got at other places. 

• Options
    Thanks, Minty! I'm in Medford, so Somerville would be really convenient!
  • Options

Maria at Bella Sera in Davers was great!

• Options
    kbiagio said:

Does she do dress steaming? I just found out David's doesn't steam them if they get altered elsewhere and I'm in billerica!
    I'm wicked sorry for replying SO, SO, SO late. I seldom check the board! I honestly don't remember whether or not Fay steams dresses... but I'll be seeing her in the spring (I'm a BM and will have Fay take in/out my dress) and I can ask!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards