Chit Chat

Creepy Fiance

2»

Re: Creepy Fiance

• pinkcow13 said:

H had night terrors as a kid. He had one with me where he shot up in bed and started screaming and kicking. I was scared enough, but he scared the cat so badly that he ripped a claw out running away. Left bloody paw prints around the house.

Another time H was on his back, snoring, with his hands crossed on his chest like a corpse (no idea why he sleeps like that- it's his favorite). I shook him to try to get him to roll over, and instead he sat up, opened his eyes, and smiled at me. Then he laid back down and stayed smiling with his eyes half-open. I almost kicked him out of the bed.

This made me spit coffee out my nose.  It would terrify me if it happened to me, but it's really funny to me from the outside!

We both talk in our sleep.  I apparently like to count??  I guess I count to 10 really fast randomly in my sleep.  I also grind my teeth when I'm stressed.

FI, on the other hand will do like many of you describe where he sits up, appears to be awake, starts a conversation, but it quickly devolves in to nonsense and gibberish.  That's when I realize he isn't actually awake and I can get him to lay back down.

He'd be horrified to know I shared this, but he has also peed in the bed about 3 times since we've been together.  He says he has dreams where he has gotten up to pee, but then he's woken up by the wetness.  And of course that involves us both getting up, tearing sheets off the bed and starting laundry in the middle of the night.  No fun!

Oh man, that sucks! It's actually the opposite with me. If I have to really pee at night, sometimes I will dream that I have to pee, and when I attempt to do so, it won't come out. I end up attempting to pee in really random places, too. Like in front of a full classroom, or in a shed in the woods, or in the middle of a department store. But when the moment comes, I can't do it and it frustrates me in the dream. Then I wake up and realized I have to pee in real life.

No idea if I'm in a box....

It does suck! Oddly, he has had milk before bed each time. We avoid dairy at night now!

• SO talks in his sleep all the freaking time.  I think the creepiest thing he ever did was when he sat up in bed, looked out the window and said, "They're watching us.  Why are they always watching us?"  Okay, calm down creeper.  

On the other hand, he also was sleeping when he told "every one to gather 'round" and then he started singing Kumbaya.  I am so confused as to where his mind goes when he sleeps.  

• FI loves to tell the story of the time I was sleepwalking and he woke up to me standing over him on his side of the bed holding a knife a la Paranormal Activity. In reality his phone had been flashing when I was falling asleep and bothering me, and in my sleepwalking state I was trying to through a tshirt on top on it to block the light. Was I standing on his side of the bed, yes. Was I there for hours holding a knife over his sleeping body? I guess we'll never know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    SO talks in his sleep all the freaking time.  I think the creepiest thing he ever did was when he sat up in bed, looked out the window and said, "They're watching us.  Why are they always watching us?"  Okay, calm down creeper.  

On the other hand, he also was sleeping when he told "every one to gather 'round" and then he started singing Kumbaya.  I am so confused as to where his mind goes when he sleeps.  
    jennyleigh16, that is seriously creepy lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• My daughter has, several times, called people in her sleep. 
    I woke up one night and heard her just bitching someone out, telling them that they had better be at the airport at five, and not to be late because the later flights would be too full to get seats, and she didn't want to hear any crap about it.
    So I go down the hall to check, and there she is, sleeping like a baby with the phone in her hand.
    Five minutes later, her phone rings, and some poor random man wakes her up and says she just left a message and it sounded important, and he thought she should know it went to the wrong person.
    And she was pissed off at the poor guy. "Are you kidding? It's like four in the morning! No, nobody called you! " and hung up on him.
    And I just died laughing. She didn't believe me when I said, uhm, yeah. I think you called him, until she checked her phone. 
    She called her F a couple of times and said odd things. "Hi. I just saw you at the soccer game, and I think you really like me. Are we getting married? " was my favorite. 
    Now she sleeps with the phone in the other room. 
  • My daughter has, several times, called people in her sleep. 
    I woke up one night and heard her just bitching someone out, telling them that they had better be at the airport at five, and not to be late because the later flights would be too full to get seats, and she didn't want to hear any crap about it.
    So I go down the hall to check, and there she is, sleeping like a baby with the phone in her hand.
    Five minutes later, her phone rings, and some poor random man wakes her up and says she just left a message and it sounded important, and he thought she should know it went to the wrong person.
    And she was pissed off at the poor guy. "Are you kidding? It's like four in the morning! No, nobody called you! " and hung up on him.
    And I just died laughing. She didn't believe me when I said, uhm, yeah. I think you called him, until she checked her phone. 
    She called her F a couple of times and said odd things. "Hi. I just saw you at the soccer game, and I think you really like me. Are we getting married? " was my favorite. 
    Oh wow, this is absolutely hilarious! It's like drunk texting, but funnier!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    My daughter has, several times, called people in her sleep. 
    Oh wow, this is absolutely hilarious! It's like drunk texting, but funnier!
    And potentially dangerous- when she was pissed at her boss she made double damned sure the phone was in the other room. 
  • I hope it's okay that I'm joining in despite the lack of FI. (No man is that brave.) So I have to add weird kid sleeping stories.

This one seriously bothered me. 
    My oldest boy was about three. Barely. Still had the little stepping stool in front of the toilet. And he gets out of bed late at night, and wanders into the bathroom, all cute and nekkid, and is standing there taking a pee. I'm standing at the door, waiting to herd him back to bed, and I spoke to him, but he didn't answer me. Just kept going.
    And then he turns around, and stares at me with this weird blank stare, and says, "Where are Geoffrey and Margaret?"
    We did not know anybody named Geoffrey and Margaret.
    I say, "I don't know, sweetie. Who are Geoffrey and Margaret?"
    And he looks really upset. He says, "Why not? Why aren't they here? I need to talk to Geoffrey and Margaret!"
    And I'm a little disturbed, and say, "everything's okay, don't worry. Who are Geoffrey and Margaret?"
    And he gets seriously mad, and says "You know! Stop saying that! Geoffrey and Margaret, Geoffrey and Peggy. You know them."

Okay. How a three year old knows that Peggy is a nickname for Margaret is beyond me, and I am way more than weirded out, but I'm a good mom, so I just say, "We'll worry about that tomorrow. Everything's fine, and you'll feel better when you go back to sleep."

So I herd him back to bed, and I'm tucking him in, and he sits up and grabs my arm, and says, "But who's taking care of my shop?" And of course I ask, "What shop, sweetie?" 
    And he started crying, and said, "My shop. My little shop! Who's going to take care of my shop for me?"
    And I say, "Probably Geoffrey and Margaret. " Because what the hell, it seemed like a good answer.
    He says, "Oh. That's all right then, isn't it?" And calmed right down and went to sleep.

What the ever loving hell? He never mentioned either name again.

Creepy after-note.  When my youngest (Moosey)  was six, and his brother had been gone from us for about a year, the neighbor brought over two kittens to see if we wanted them. A cute little tabby and a tortoise shell. Moosey asked if he could name them, she said why not. And he says, "I think they should be Geoffrey and Margaret."

I will never know the serious WTF story behind this, but I would really like to. This kind of stuff is why mothers need Valium. Because kids can truly freak you out. 

Also, Geoffrey the cat still lives next door, and he's a dick. 

• I hope it's okay that I'm joining in despite the lack of FI. (No man is that brave.) So I have to add weird kid sleeping stories.

This one seriously bothered me. 
    My oldest boy was about three. Barely. Still had the little stepping stool in front of the toilet. And he gets out of bed late at night, and wanders into the bathroom, all cute and nekkid, and is standing there taking a pee. I'm standing at the door, waiting to herd him back to bed, and I spoke to him, but he didn't answer me. Just kept going.
    And then he turns around, and stares at me with this weird blank stare, and says, "Where are Geoffrey and Margaret?"
    We did not know anybody named Geoffrey and Margaret.
    I say, "I don't know, sweetie. Who are Geoffrey and Margaret?"
    And he looks really upset. He says, "Why not? Why aren't they here? I need to talk to Geoffrey and Margaret!"
    And I'm a little disturbed, and say, "everything's okay, don't worry. Who are Geoffrey and Margaret?"
    And he gets seriously mad, and says "You know! Stop saying that! Geoffrey and Margaret, Geoffrey and Peggy. You know them."

Okay. How a three year old knows that Peggy is a nickname for Margaret is beyond me, and I am way more than weirded out, but I'm a good mom, so I just say, "We'll worry about that tomorrow. Everything's fine, and you'll feel better when you go back to sleep."

So I herd him back to bed, and I'm tucking him in, and he sits up and grabs my arm, and says, "But who's taking care of my shop?" And of course I ask, "What shop, sweetie?" 
    And he started crying, and said, "My shop. My little shop! Who's going to take care of my shop for me?"
    And I say, "Probably Geoffrey and Margaret. " Because what the hell, it seemed like a good answer.
    He says, "Oh. That's all right then, isn't it?" And calmed right down and went to sleep.

What the ever loving hell? He never mentioned either name again.

Creepy after-note.  When my youngest (Moosey)  was six, and his brother had been gone from us for about a year, the neighbor brought over two kittens to see if we wanted them. A cute little tabby and a tortoise shell. Moosey asked if he could name them, she said why not. And he says, "I think they should be Geoffrey and Margaret."

I will never know the serious WTF story behind this, but I would really like to. This kind of stuff is why mothers need Valium. Because kids can truly freak you out. 

Also, Geoffrey the cat still lives next door, and he's a dick. 

Whoa this is really creepy! I have heard many stories about the creepy things that kids have said or done. I think my kid would creep me out more than FI does at night!

Like I mentioned in my OP, FI used to sleepwalk as a kid. He told me that apparently during one episode, he somehow managed to open the window and was just yelling out the window. I don't remember the exact details, I need to ask him. I just know I would be sooo creeped out if I had to deal with that!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards