Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday chat

Good morning, my lovely NEY friends! How are you doing today?

I am still unbelievably sick. Immunosuppression sucks; I should have worked harder to avoid this cold. Even with Nyquil, I couldn't fall asleep last night, and I ended up waking up at 6:30 this morning. I don't want to take more Nyquil (I'll be unconscious the whole day), but I need more rest. So I'm staying home; I'll suggest to J that he go to couple's therapy alone tonight. It might actually be beneficial.

We're still missing a bunch of RSVPs, which we're working on tracking down, but we made up a preliminary seating chart last night! Good lord, it was not easy. We're waiting on a few more people, but we have contingency plans (e.g. if Susie isn't coming, then we'll break up table 10 and add people to tables 4, 6, and 8; if Danny is coming, we'll put him at table 7, etc).

Last night, we also caught up on Once Upon a Time aaaaaaaaahhhhh show whyyyyyyyy.

So, how are you folks doing?
Anniversary
now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Re: Tuesday chat

• I am awake, at work, and drinking coffee.  that's about all I know right now!

I hope you get to feeling better, @phira.  I am working very hard not to come down with anything, since the insurance at my new job is less than stellar (everything is out of pocket).  can't wait for open enrollment in November so I can choose a better plan somewhere else!!

I think today (at work) will be busy.  this evening H is going to mow a few lawns for the last mow of the year, so I'll get in a bunch of study time while he's out.  I will be SO GLAD when this PMP class and test is over.
  • Hope you start feeling better @phira. And good luck with the RSVPs and seating arrangements.  The seating arrangements were not fun for me -_-

I was so tired this morning. I would've given anything to stay in bed for another hour. I just got to work and I have a TON of inmates on my caseload to see, so hopefully that will make my day go by fast.  We have to dog sit for H's parents because they're going to the Fleetwood Mac concert tonight.
    Anniversary

• Good morning! 

My eyes are open so that's an accomplishment. I am soooo sleepy. I was up late packing and then spent some time with Brody before finally going to bed. There's still so much to do. I had already taken off on Friday for the closing but I decided yesterday I need to take Thursday as well and now that I've written out a list of things that still need to get done, I'm thinking I might take tomorrow also. 

When I took Lucy out this morning, there was a SKUNK just wandering down the street. I saw it on the other side of the street when we got to the bottom of our steps and then it turned the corner in the direction that we walk and then I lost it. Lucy was going nuts!

• @phira I hope you start feeling better really soon!
    @swazzle HOLY CRAP IT'S ALMOST HOUSE TIME! Also, ew skunk ew!
    @cocobellaF I hate that you have crappy insurance. Hate hate hate.

I'm actually fairly upbeat today. I'm being a rebel and wearing jeans because 1) there isn't a policy yet so they can't punish me for it and, 2) I didn't get to do laundry last night and all my work clothes are in the dirty basket.

I'm hoping today is a better day at work than yesterday and all of last week. Praying and hoping. I need a break.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Today? Well I'm awake and vertical, which I strongly suspect will be today's big accomplishment. The stress of work got to me yesterday, and I went out to BWW last night. Not good for my wedding/general healthiness diet, but IDGAF. And I'm super-congested so I'm hoping to kick this cold soon.
  • @beanbot2002 - me too.  I hate it.  but now that there is a minimum, that's all they want to provide.  thankfully, I'm young and pretty healthy and we have enough discretionary income that I can choose a better plan.

I hope you have a better day at work today.  and I also hope you're looking for a new job.  they don't deserve you.
  • Seems like it's Tired Train Tuesday here today. I'm right there with you all.

Rough night last night. FI came over and we had dinner and watched Big Bang Theory and Gotham, and just hung out a bit since we were both tired from the weekend. He left later than he was supposed to, and about 10 minutes later he called me...and said he'd been in an accident right outside my building! He's fine, the other person was fine, no one was hurt in any way and he just got a ticket for not properly stopping at a stop sign (he was inching out instead of fully stopping), but I of course stayed out there with him while the police did their thing, which took about an hour. After I got back up to my place I still had to put away dinner leftovers and get ready for bed and all that...and that's when I discovered that my toilet is leaking! There's water dripping out of the tank and down the connection line and pooling on the floor. I finally got to bed after cleaning all of that up, but I am a zombie this morning. I hit snooze a couple times, didn't wash my hair (dry shampoo WTF), and need to mainline my tea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I also am tired today!! 

Poor H is all stressed out.  There is construction all over the highways in and out of Cleveland right now.  His roof is leaking (and has been leaking for awhile), so we'll probably have to get it replaced.  It just stinks that his brother is living there rent free and doesn't even offer to help with replacing the roof, we don't even know what his brother's intentions are (buy the house from H or move out some day).

I have a manicure scheduled today - I'm super excited to get the shellac I had put on for the wedding.  I don't think the place I went did a great job with it and my nails are too long and are annoying me.

Anniversary
  • I'm joining you ladies on the tired train. I tripped with my coffee in my hand this morning so it went all down my front and that hurt like hell. Pretty sure I'm going to have a lovely blister pattern on me. Hopefully work is calm today because I haven't had enough coffee to deal.
  • One more on the tired train!

I worked from home yesterday and I'm still exhausted. I haven't slept well the last couple of nights and I don't know why. The worst part is that while I'm lying in bed, not sleeping, I start thinking about American Horror Story and scare myself. I'm the worst.

I have a shit ton of things to do today - multiple game programs, performance planning stuff for the entire division, a couple articles to post, signs to make for Family Weekend... UGH. I'm going to try to stay away for most of the day, but I'm sure I'll be around! ;)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited October 2014

@Allusive007 I love the crib!!!

I woke up exhausted today, like I got no sleep.  That's not good.  I'm tired and crabby.  I had an allergist appointment last night my allergies have been really bad for awhile and some bad post nasal drip.  So now I'm on an antibiotic for the next 2 weeks. Best part- (we really need a scarcasm font) my doctor told me I should use back up birth control b/c it can reduce the effectiveness of the pill.  I told H and he was like whatever, if it happens now it happens now... which is a bit scary but ok. 

I began reading Eat Pray Love last night and I'm not finding it interesting at all.  I'm always bummed when a book on my to read list falls short.  May be it will get better  We finally got our pics to our wedding photographer last night so he can create our photo album.  It was so hard to choose.  It is 5 yet?

Anniversary

• Good morning everyone!

@phira - Why the comment about Once Upon A Time? I am about halfway through the third season and for some reason really haven't found the motivation to catch up yet. Once Neverland happened I was much more bored with the show. I miss the novelty of the first season, where you didn't know who everyone was yet.

@CocoBellaF - How are you feeling about the PMP exam? I'm hoping to take that next year. Mostly trying to decide if I want to do my PMP or my PE first. Not really interested in taking either test, obviously, but I'd love the certification.

@Swazzle - Ewww!!! I'm so glad I've never seen a skunk in real life. I did end up face to face with a possum on my run the other day. That was kind of freaky. But at least they don't come with the risk of making you smell awful for a month.

@beanbot2002 - You rebel! I can hardly stand the days when I have meetings with important people and have to dress up. Although slacks are pretty comfy.

@lmcooper86 - I'm assuming that it's supposed to be Dry Shampoo For The Win and not Dry Shampoo What The F*** right? Lady, you DO need some more sleep! Haha.

@allusive007 - That crib is adorable! Is it in that color too? I love it.

----------------------------------------

I'm a medium amount of awake today. Which isn't bad.

Nothing happened yesterday evening, really. Cooked dinner, ordered some underwear online because I needed it DESPERATELY, and did some crafts. I found out I can use my Discover card rewards for car rental gift cards, so I can use that for my trip to Arizona!

We also watched the new Brooklyn Nine-nine episode. That show has been an extremely pleasant surprise, and if it keeps up with this roll, it will easily become one of my all-time favorite shows.

This morning I played the seventies station on my Sirius radio and now have John Denver's Thank God I'm a Country Boy stuck in my head. And I don't see that changing before the end of the day......... It also reminded me how great the song I Wanna Kiss You All Over actually is. I never take the time to appreciate that song the way it deserves.

• @speakeasy14 - Yeah, I knew something was wrong when he called me, since he had just left. It was his truck vs. a bicycle so it could have been SO much worse. Luckily he was coming to a stop so he wasn't going full speed and she just took a tumble; she was up talking to the police when I got down there, she wasn't hurt and wasn't even mad, she actually apologized to FI about the whole thing. Perhaps if she hadn't been wearing ALL BLACK with no reflective stuff on then he might have seen her. I'm in no way trying to blame her, FI made a mistake not stopping far enough back, but even the police officer was irritated that she didn't have reflective stuff on her clothes.

And yes, luckily the maintenance guy was at the front desk when I went down this morning so I explained the situation to him while I filled out the maintenance request. They're going to deal with it today.

@AlPacina - WTF, FTW, FML. Whatever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @alpacina - FI & I watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine too. He was excited for it when it started, and I was skeptical, but I really like it now too! Andy Samberg is hysterical, and I love all three of the female characters.

*******************************************************************************************

• @AlPacina - it's definitely tough, but I am determined to pass the first time.
  • @AlPacina - yes, that is the color. It's a medium grey. We really like they grey color because it's gender neutral, but still kinda fun.
  • @phira Aw, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time kicking this cold! Nyquil doesn't work on me anymore either. Benadryl is my go-to sleep aid when I'm sick. 

@peaseblossom55 That's exciting though! Scary, but exciting!

@CocoBellaF You're almost done with the class though, right? And I didn't realize open enrollment started in November. I guess that's why we're having our benefits meeting on Monday instead of in December like we normally do. I work at a tiny non-profit, and I'm worried my insurance will end up being crappy too. :( Ugh. I really hope you're able to find a plan that works for you in November.

@Swazzle YAY MOVING! It's a pain in the butt, but the end result is going to be amazing! Post pics of decor and things once you're all moved in?

@beanbot2002 Here's to hoping for a better day at work! 

@lmcooper86 Ugh, that sounds terrible. What a night! I hope today goes much better for both you and your FI.

@allusive007 I love the crib! And yay for being done with the first trimester!

I'm awake today and even had caffeine-free tea this morning. :) Today is my last day in the office this week. I'll be working from home the rest of the week while they install new carpeting. I've been training a new hire most of the morning, and I have a lot of administrative stuff to do for my actual job today as well. Tons of fun. Tonight I need to hit the gym because it's been about 5 days since I last worked out, and then I'll make dinner, do laundry, and hang out with FI.

Last night I got a haircut after work, and I looooove it. I dyed my hair a little darker like I normally do this time of year, and I cut off a couple of inches of dead ends. I hadn't cut my hair in about 6 months, and since I take Biotin every day, my hair grows really quickly. I swear I looked like Cousin It. Also, my hairstylist told me that when we do the formal engagement pics next month, she'll curl my hair for free. I feel like a toddler when I try to curl my hair because it always ends up all jacked up, and I burn my cheeks. I am not gifted in the art of hairstyling. So anywho, once my photographer gets permission from Half Price Books (he's shooting a wedding there on Halloween and will talk to the company about shooting our engagements there afterwards), I'll plan the curling stuffs with my stylist. She's the best.

I think sometime today my photographer will contact me today to schedule the outdoor photos. The reason we're splitting it up into 2 shoots is because the package we bought had a 2-hour engagement shoot, which is astronomically long. Photographer offered to split it up into 2 different shoots at 2 different locations, which works for us. We'll do one at a park in the next week or so, and another at Half Price Books sometime next month. Once we schedule the outdoor pics, I'm going to make an appointment at MAC or Sephora (leaning towards MAC since they're actual MUAs) to have my makeup done. I'm pretty good with makeup, but I've never done makeup for professional pics, and I'm sure I'd wash myself out somehow if I did it myself. 

Anywho, other than obsessing over the e-pics and balancing all the crazy things at work, there's not too much going on. 

• @GoldenPenguin - Right? All those chicks are hilarious. And I enjoy Terry Crews in everything he does. Plus, the way they've developed the captain's character has made him one of my favorite television people ever, in an overall quirky character that I find extremely interesting sort of way, rather than in humor. I loved the new Halloween episode.

Andy Samberg tends to go way too over the top. I'm so happy he's learned to tone it down. He's obviously an insanely funny person, especially without all the over the top gags.

• @allusive--7 we have a light gray paint picked out for the some day nursery.  I love gray as a neutral.  We just haven't painted it yet, b/c H hates painting.  Are you going to find out the sex?

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 @alpacina I think the fourth season is only okay so far; it feels like there are too many story lines, so I inevitably end up unsatisfied with how much time is spent on each one. But this Sunday's episode featured two of my favorite characters interacting and making bad decisions, so that's always fun.
    Anniversary
  • That's exactly how I've been feeling with the 4th season; plus I'm not loving the in your face Frozen stuff. I'll have to watch Sunday's episode tonight so I can see what bad decisions happened. 
  • @Peaseblossom55 - We're not going to find out the gender. We figured you don't often get big surprises as an adult...so we're going to wait until delivery day!
  • Random Thought from the Dining Center:

How is it that New York Cheesecake-flavored frozen yogurt has 64 calories per serving while Simply Vanilla-flavored frozen yogurt has 71 calories per the same size serving?
  • @allusive007 that's so exciting.  I don't know if I'd have the patience to not find out!

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 Please tell me I'm not the only person on the planet who doesn't think Anna is perfectly cast. I can't tell if it's the writing or the actress, but I'm just not even a little interested.
    Anniversary
  • AlPacina said:

@GoldenPenguin - Right? All those chicks are hilarious. And I enjoy Terry Crews in everything he does. Plus, the way they've developed the captain's character has made him one of my favorite television people ever, in an overall quirky character that I find extremely interesting sort of way, rather than in humor. I loved the new Halloween episode.

Andy Samberg tends to go way too over the top. I'm so happy he's learned to tone it down. He's obviously an insanely funny person, especially without all the over the top gags.

I LOVEEEEEEEE Terry Crews. And I agree with you about the captain. Sunday's episode was fantastic.

• @phira - I'm sorry you're still feeling crappy!  I can't take Nyquil because it interacts with another medicine I take that knocks me out at night, so I usually just take straight Sudafed for colds.  It dries my sinuses out but at least I can breathe.

@Dignity100 - Sorry to hear about the leaking roof!  

@allusive007 - I love the gray so much!  It's my favorite neutral.

@peaseblossom55 - I seem to remember it taking me a while to get into Eat, Pray, Love as well.  Honestly, I thought that book was "just okay."  I didn't love it as much as I wanted to.

@ellis1228 - You're taking your engagement pics in Half-Price Books?!  Love it!

I'm also exhausted today.  Mondays I don't get home until late, and it takes me a while to unwind, and I usually don't fall asleep until midnight or so.  I slept in later than I should have, and then I was mad at myself because I didn't get as much grading done before class as I wanted to.

I'm frustrated today because I am having a terrible time getting ahold of my PhD committee chair/major advisor.  He's on sabbatical this year (although he's around campus), and back before the semester started, we had a conversation about how I wanted to graduate in May and how it would be best for me to get him my chapters, etc.  He told me to email me the chapters and he would read them and either mail them back to me or put them in my box on campus.  The last email I had from him was on AUGUST 4, telling me that he'd gotten my first chapter and was going to read it.  That's it.  Nothing since.  I sent him my second chapter when I finished it last week...nothing.  Luckily the rest of my committee is reading them and giving me feedback, but I think I'm going to have to find another committee chair, which is really stressful.  If I haven't heard from him by the end of the week, I'm going to have to go over his head and go to our department chair to help me find another person.

So I'm cranky.  And I've got papers to grade, which just makes it worse.  Luckily my Daddy is taking me out to our favorite Mexican place tonight, which makes me feel better.
  • @futuremrshistorian That's the plan! :) I really hope we're able to. I keep getting bounced around to various voicemails when I call to see if we're able to and if there's a fee or anything, but the photographer said he'll find a firm contact when he shoots a wedding there on Halloween (how cool would it be to get married at Half Price Books?!). I'm crossing my fingers that they'll let us because it would be so much fun. Re: your advisor-- have you tried calling him? I don't know if that's allowed or frowned upon, but surely there's a cell phone or a forwarding system for people who need to get in touch with him while he's on sabbatical, right? I hope you're able to get in touch soon. :-\

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards