Chit Chat
Options

RSVP-update!

If you remember my post about FI accidentally over inviting and me being livid, then I have a happy update for you! We are currently looking at a MAX of 243 people! (We meant to only invite 250, but FI counted incorrectly and invited around 278-ughh) 

And for any and all lurkers- Never plan on over inviting by assuming people will RSVP 'no'! We've had plenty of people RSVP 'yes', when we thought they'd be saying no. It is not worth the stress of worrying about if there will be enough room for all of your guests in the end. 

Re: RSVP-update!

• Options
    Glad to hear it all worked out.
  • Options
    Yay!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end. Now you can relax a bit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks all! It really is such a relief! 

Now, of course, FI's parents keep asking about our numbers because they have more people they want to invite (like parents of their old friends, whom we've never even heard of). We're just pretending/lying that we haven't gotten many of the 'no' RSVPs back yet. 

• Options

Now, of course, FI's parents keep asking about our numbers because they have more people they want to invite (like parents of their old friends, whom we've never even heard of). We're just pretending/lying that we haven't gotten many of the 'no' RSVPs back yet. 
    OMG my MIL was trying to do this until like 2 weeks before our wedding day.  She was so pissed every time we said no. 
  • Options
    cafarrie said:

OMG my MIL was trying to do this until like 2 weeks before our wedding day.  She was so pissed every time we said no. 
    The worst part is that they are very aware that we over invited, and they know how stressed out about the numbers I was. Why would they feel the need to keep trying to add people! It makes zero sense! 

I just keep telling myself it will all be over soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards