Wedding Woes

wednesday

I am on one of the most tedious conference calls ever. it's 2 hours. it has NOTHING to do with my job. it took me 25 minutes to call in so I'd better get credit because there's no way in hell I'm sitting through this again. the questions that are being asked by my various colleagues have been very pointed - because it's clear that the people presenting this information have no fucking clue what the members of the audience do every day (much of the information presented has been completely off the mark, totally invalid, or not applicable to the audience.) 

rpotd: one of the managers in our Houston group asked several questions - because the information presented is in direct conflict with our standard work process.  This guy is originally from Spain, and speaks very good English - with a thick accent. The presenter's response was along the lines of, "well i don't know how you manage things down in South America, but you need to talk to someone who knows about how things are done down there..." .... um.... nobody mentioned South America....

on a positive note - i submitted my final diet bet weigh in  this morning - and it was verified that i won! I lost 26.2lbs in the past 6 months - not quite to my personal goal (~40 lbs) - but i'm really proud of my accomplishment. i'm going to be signing up for the next 6 mo dietbet, which starts on Nov 4th, and will be starting the 21 day fix at the same time. hoping to do as well or better in my 2nd 6 month diet bet. 

Re: wednesday

• Congrats to you Barbie! Soooo how much money did you win?  Or is that how it works!?  And also...WHOA on the 26.2 lbs.  That's amazing.  :) 

I have my counseling appt this afternoon and for some reason I'm very excited.  I'm just ready to sit down, hash out things---work through this mound of crap in my mind and work toward something good.  I'm in a much better space than I was about 2 weeks ago, I am thankful that I had the balls to call and stick to it. 

• Awesome, barbie!

Yesterday was DH's day off.  He helped me make a "family" sign for one of our walls.  It's not completely done as it needs another coat of paint and something to mount it attached but I like how it has turned out.

We're both dying to do another big diy project.  We're going to paint the kitchen (which really isn't big diy but it really needs to be done, so it's next) and I have 19 different shades of gray and greige taped to the wall.  I figured I would take them down one by one as I walked by over a few days and that would help narrow it down, but they've all been up for a week now.  I hate deciding on paint.
  • That's awesome Barbie.

Day 5437586 of the tiling project drags on. DH is understandably tired, but he is getting on my nerves. Whining constantly that he's in pain (but doesn't take any medicine) or that I'm being rude by saying "it wish it was done" (I said that because I was excited to see it all come together). I worked on painting last night and didn't go to bed until like 1 am and he was trying to get all pissy with me. Guess who woke up early with the kids this morning while someone else slept. I could bitch some more but it does no good. I'm ready to just call someone to come finish it so I don't have to hear him any more.

• Nice job Barbie!  Good luck today MrsO.

Yesterday I picked up some overripe bananas so today I've got banana bread and baked oatmeal muffins in the oven.  M2 went to the dentist and 6let has kinder.  This afternoon is exercise and play.

• Good job, Barbie. Maybe I need to try that site. Do you have to show pics of the scale or how does it work?
  • as of the end of round 5 (month 5) i had "won" about $145 (I paid $125 to enter, so really, had won about $20 net. I think the minimum I would win for this round was in the $80 range if everyone left met their final goal, so hopefully $100+net winnings)

@NOLABridesmaid - there are 2 types of diet bets (DB) - one is 30 days, one is 6 months. the 30 day DB is to lose 4% starting body weight in the 30 days. If you do, you get a share of the pot. The pot varies depending on how many people enter, and the total entry fee/person. DB will take a cut of the pot (variable based upon pot size/#of entrants - they have a chart online ) and the rest of the pot is split among the people who get their 4% goal. if everyone in your bet gets their goal, DB forfeits their cut, and you get back your entry fee. 

the 6 month bet is to lose 10% of your starting weight. each milestone % is based upon the starting weight. You have one formal weigh-in every ~30 days, and you need to lose 3%, 3% 2%, 1%, 1%, maintain loss for month 6. every month that you hit your milestone, you get a share of the monthly pot. entry fee is $25/month (you can drop out any time) or $125 up front (you can stop participating, but you forfeit your money). half of each monthly payment goes towards that month's pot and half goes to the final pot - so my post were $6-7K/month, and the final month is $40K+. We started with 630ish participants, and we have in the 530-550 range now. 

i chose to do the 6 month and pay up front because i thought it would continue to hold me accountable every month. 

for the weigh in, you need to take a full body picture of yourself on the scale, and you need to take a close-up of your feet on the scale. digital scale is preferred (less margin for error). you are given a code at the weigh-in time, and need to write that code on a card/piece of paper and include it in the picture - this is essentially your "timestamp" to guarantee that you took your weight in the 48 hour window. you will get an e-mail to verify that your weigh in was valid and that you won for that round. after the weigh-ins are complete, they will let you know your winnings a few days later. if DB suspects that anyone is trying to cheat, they will have them do a video weigh-in. 
  • Ok. The 30 day might be just what I need to keep me motivated since the wedding is over. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards