New Jersey

Wedding Dress in NJ

Hello,

I have a budget of $1000 (including alterations) for the dress.
Will it be possible for me to purchase a wedding dress within that budget in NJ?
(For now, I want a simple ball gown dress.)

Also, can I have some recommendations for bridal wedding shops in northern NJ?

Thank you.

Re: Wedding Dress in NJ

• Group USA, East West Bridals, will be your best options. David's Bridal also, but they have horrendous customer service. HTH!
  • Not all David's have bad customer service. I went to the one in Paramus first - hated them - but then had a great experience at the one in Totowa.

And my dress/ alterations were under $1000.

• Good call--I agree with the PP and stand corrected. Paramus was very pushy; Totowa was much better (went for a BM dress & a bridal gown)
  • My dress came from Davids in union I had no problems.
  • love0208love0208 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    I know for certain you can get a dress in your budget at David's Bridal, but remember, to call the Bridal Salon's and tell them your budget.  Some salon's have cancelled order dresses that they need to get rid of and also are willing to sell their floor models.  So don't never assume, call around and see what salon's are willing to work with your budget.

I visited Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth and I Do....I Do... in Morristown, I remember these 2 places having affordable gowns....I Do .... I Do was very nice and they had ball gowns because that was what I was looking for and Hollywood was a nice experience, you have a whole room to yourself, your family sits down and you come and model each gown...it was a very nice experience....

Good luck!

• pearl78 said:
    I know for certain you can get a dress in your budget at David's Bridal, but remember, to call the Bridal Salon's and tell them your budget.  Some salon's have cancelled order dresses that they need to get rid of and also are willing to sell their floor models.  So don't never assume, call around and see what salon's are willing to work with your budget.

I visited Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth and I Do....I Do... in Morristown, I remember these 2 places having affordable gowns....I Do .... I Do was very nice and they had ball gowns because that was what I was looking for and Hollywood was a nice experience, you have a whole room to yourself, your family sits down and you come and model each gown...it was a very nice experience....

Good luck!
    Senequa
    I had a great experience trying on gowns at Hollywood.  Alterations are also included.  My bridesmaids got their dresses there and we used the Hollywood Tuxedo (next door) for all the guys.  I can't recommend them enough. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't end up buying from David's Bridal, but I agree that they had a lot of options. What I liked about them is they had so many different styles, so you could really try on a lot of different types of dresses, and the most expensive dress I tried was around $1,200. Also, their sizing is more like regular clothing sizing, and not weird bridal sizing that doesn't have any relation to your actual size.
  • I recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth!  I'm going to get my gown from there too. I have my appointment set. So excited!!  I would make appointments at a bunch of different places. You never know where you may find the right dress in the price range you are looking for.  I would also look for trunk sales. 

Good Luck!  :)

• What size are you? I have a size 4 wedding dress NEVER worn you can have if you happen to be a size 4 and you like it.
  • I got mine at David's bridal in Totowa. If you go on a weeknight it is much better. My dress was 1300 but there are many of them at your price point. My budget was 2,000
  • Arlene's Bridal in Bloomfield has dresses in your range and excellent customer service. I bought there and was beyond happy!!
  • While I didn't find my dream dress at Arlene's Bridal -I do have to agree their customer service was superb! I ended up using Arlenes for my bridesmaid dresses.  Also, try going to Park Avenue in Verona - They have fairly good sales / clearance dresses which they would be willing to work on price. And I can't forget about the Bridal Garden in NYC!

• Nj bridal outlet in wallington..Michael wade bridal in garfield (they only open by appt only and have a small selection but every dress there is under 1000). I'd also try sisters bridal in garfield. They are literally owned and run by two amazing women and the selection is fantastic. I had a budget of 1000-1500 and broke the cardinal rule of trying on a dress outside of my budget but she gave me an amazing deal I couldn't pass up. I saw a lot of dresses under a thousand there. They also helped me pick a dress that needed less alterations to help me save money (I'm short so instead of special ordering a dress or having crazy alterations, we picked dresses that could easily just be hemmed)
  • NJ Bridal outlet (Wallington) is closed...
  • The bridal outlet is now under Michael Wade in Garfield sorry for the mistake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards