Nevada-Las Vegas

MGM Grand bar & restaurant or transport guests??

I need some help.

Originally I planned to get married at Mandalay Bay which was perfect because after the ceremony we could just walk to MIX or the Foundation Room for a nice meal and drinks - all with an amazing view of the Strip.

Now I'm getting married at the MGM Skyline Terrace Suite (it was exactly what I wanted for the ceremony), I'm stuck what to do after.

Given that I've already dragged all my guests on a tour of the Strip before the ceremony (I know its a bit weird - but its all to do with wanting daytime pictures of everyone on the Strip and wanting to get married at sunset). I'm not sure I want to herd everyone else back into a limo and transport them somewhere else for a meal/drinks - it would be so much simpler to just go somewhere in the MGM Grand - but I'm not sure if any have the wow factor that MIX or the Foundation Room have. I haven't really experienced any of the restaurants or bars in the MGM - would you recommend any or would you just get a limo to somewhere else?

My party is likely to be around 10 people totally and I don't really have a budget given the very small number of people.

Re: MGM Grand bar & restaurant or transport guests??

• Hi, I'm also stuck for where to go after our ceremony (5.15.15) We are staying at the MGM Signature so preferably want to do something at the MGM Grand. 
    Have you thought of doing an in-suite reception? The menus look awesome!
    They have a lot of restaurants, so I guess really it just depends on what type of food you want to have!
    I'm struggling as my father is a very fussy eater and practically only eats chicken breast... Which seems hard to find!

Good luck, look forward to hearing what you decide!!
  • THere's a great little lounge in MGM near the chapel..I can't recall the name of it but it was super fun and they have a DJ in there on the weekends. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Look into Masterpiece cuisine for an insuite reception, they can also bring drinks and supply the bartender! -great prices! 
  • I've eaten at Pub 1842 and the food was tasty! It's just a pub atmosphere though, so probably not the wow factor you are looking for.
  • Pub 1842 is great! Food is super yummy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the replies. I did think about doing an in-suite reception, but I love the idea of holding it in a restaurant for a bit of atmosphere - because there is only 10 of us, I'm concerned it might be a bit quiet (I doubt it will be but its just an irrational concern).

Terrimx - I've got in touch with Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill who have a small private room upto 18 people which I asked about and there is a glass room which is upto 40 people. It looks very pretty on the pictures and I really loved the menu - even for fussy eaters.

I'm now pondering the minimum price they sent me and the set menu, its very expensive compared to just going to a restaurant and everyone ordering whatever they want and the options are limited which I'm not keen on. 

• With 10 people I think you could just make a normal reservation and not have a minimum or limited menu but you wouldn't get a private area.
  • Thanks for all the replies. I did think about doing an in-suite reception, but I love the idea of holding it in a restaurant for a bit of atmosphere - because there is only 10 of us, I'm concerned it might be a bit quiet (I doubt it will be but its just an irrational concern).

I'm now pondering the minimum price they sent me and the set menu, its very expensive compared to just going to a restaurant and everyone ordering whatever they want and the options are limited which I'm not keen on. 

If you decide not to book a private room, you can solve the "too quiet" concern and minimum purchase/set menu requirements.  A lot of restaurants have nice spaces for large groups without being totally private. Then you have the atmosphere and save a lot of money. :)
  • Ditto the Pub 1842 reviews. Really good food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, skip the private room and just make a reservation at the restaurant of your choice.

I'm doing that and we'll have more like 20 guests than 10, just because I didn't like the set menus much and I wanted a livelier atmosphere. I book a lot of corporate dinners at my job and I have developed a real hatred for the private room thing. They always seem too stuffy and quiet for a social function and I now only use them if my events have a business portion (presentations or whatever.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the thoughts!

Just in case anyone is interested - Pucks Bar & Grill are willing to let us order off the a la carte menu rather than a set menu (there are 10 of us tho!) and they can provide a wedding cake which will count towards the minimum, as well as facilitate a champagne toast (the beverages also count towards the minimum).

Although going down the restaurant route seems like a more expensive option at first, I've been thinking about it and because it simplifies everything - I won't need a day of co-ordinator anymore (which is a saving!). Plus just the stress saving - less deliveries and less things to worry about, e.g. where to store the cake until the appropriate time (I'd need to rent a fridge or hope it didn't melt), cutting the cake (both the "photo" cutting and literally slicing it for guests), keeping the champagne cold, getting plates, glasses and cutlery for everyone.  
  • That's awesome and I think you'll be pleased with that with a group of your size! I am completely in favour of anything that makes planning simpler - especially for Vegas because I feel like the whole point of getting married in Vegas is that it's easier than planning a wedding from scratch at home.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you Amelisha! I find your response very reassuring :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards