Chit Chat
Options

Lurker Intro and MLB?

Hi! Longtime lurker, first time poster on chit chat! Is anyone watching the World Series? I'm rooting for the Royals... They won the World Series for the first and only time in 1985.... I have this theory that if the royals win this year, my team (who last won in '86 - before I was born!) might have a shot next year. Talk to me. Who's your baseball team? How do you feel about dress pants from NY & Co? I wore a pair for an interview last week and they literally fell apart in the rain. I have a second interview this week and I don't know where to shop. Suggestions?

Re: Lurker Intro and MLB?

• Options
    lulu0405 said:

Hi! Longtime lurker, first time poster on chit chat! Is anyone watching the World Series? I'm rooting for the Royals... They won the World Series for the first and only time in 1985.... I have this theory that if the royals win this year, my team (who last won in '86 - before I was born!) might have a shot next year.

Talk to me. Who's your baseball team? How do you feel about dress pants from NY & Co? I wore a pair for an interview last week and they literally fell apart in the rain. I have a second interview this week and I don't know where to shop. Suggestions?

Howdy.

I'm rooting for the Royals too, and this game is making me hella sad. I don't really have a baseball team, since I'm mostly a football fan. FI is a Pirates fan, so I cheer for them also. I just don't get all that excited about baseball in general.

I like NY&C stuff and their pants have held up really well for me! That sucks that yours fell apart. Ann Taylor has really nice dress pants, as well as Banana Republic. You could try there!
  • Options
    Baseball bores the shit out of me. I'm a football and hockey fan. I have never once given a shit about a world series (but being from Chicago, I might give a "huh, look at that" if the cubs ever win). But I'm going to Kansas City next week for a Chiefs game so I'm thinking it would be awesome to be there right after they win. 

I've always loved NY & Co. That makes me sad that your pants weren't good. I've also gotten good work pants at the Limited.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Are you or FI from Pittsburgh? I've always wanted to go to a baseball game there; the stadium is supposed to be beautiful! My pants from NY&C were on clearance for $29! Maybe that's why they fell apart. I'll try Ann Taylor next, I love their tops. Pants are hard for me! Also, this game has taken a bad turn!
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm rooting for the Royals, too, since they have a good underdog story. I'm an Astros fan, so I don't have much to get too excited about regarding baseball lately.
  • Options
    Baseball bores the shit out of me. I'm a football and hockey fan. I have never once given a shit about a world series (but being from Chicago, I might give a "huh, look at that" if the cubs ever win). But I'm going to Kansas City next week for a Chiefs game so I'm thinking it would be awesome to be there right after they win. 

I've always loved NY & Co. That makes me sad that your pants weren't good. I've also gotten good work pants at the Limited.

Two confessions: I don't know now to Knot and my pants were from the outlets? Don't judge me!
  • Options
    lulu0405 said:

Two confessions: I don't know now to Knot and my pants were from the outlets? Don't judge me!
    First confession - I do not understand. Second - never a judgement. I do almost all my shopping at outlets. And Old Navy.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    The Astros are about as difficult to love as the mets! Also, since you're a Grey's fan, are you watching how to get away with murder?
  • Options
    I'm a Cardinals fan born and raised, but I'm rooting for the Royals. I hope they win the Series and I hope y'all enjoy it because I don't think it will happen again for the next 30 years. But that's just me.

NY&C...I've never been impressed with the quality of the stuff I've bought from there. I highly recommend pants from The Limited or Loft/Ann Taylor. Also, good luck with your interview!

So, tell us more about yourself. What's your favorite halloween movie? Favorite way to eat potatoes? Favorite spice girl?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lulu0405 said:

The Astros are about as difficult to love as the mets!

Also, since you're a Grey's fan, are you watching how to get away with murder?

I have them DVRed, but need to just sit still and watch it. I also need to watch the most recent Scandal.

Is it good?
  • Options
    blabla89 said:
    I'm a Cardinals fan born and raised, but I'm rooting for the Royals. I hope they win the Series and I hope y'all enjoy it because I don't think it will happen again for the next 30 years. But that's just me.

NY&C...I've never been impressed with the quality of the stuff I've bought from there. I highly recommend pants from The Limited or Loft/Ann Taylor. Also, good luck with your interview!

So, tell us more about yourself. What's your favorite halloween movie? Favorite way to eat potatoes? Favorite spice girl?

I'm sorry for quoting but it's my first time replying, I'm on my ipad and I don't know what to do! Halloween movie: Hocus Pocus! I didn't recognize SJP until I watched sex & the city! Potatoes: mashed with lots of butter,but I will take the any way! Spice girl: sporty spice..l "I turn to you".... Anyone?
  • Options
    The Astros are about as difficult to love as the mets! Also, since you're a Grey's fan, are you watching how to get away with murder?
    I have them DVRed, but need to just sit still and watch it. I also need to watch the most recent Scandal. Is it good?

I'm enjoying it.... I stopped watching scandal because it got too ridiculous. :/
  • Options
    lulu0405 said:

First confession - I do not understand. Second - never a judgement. I do almost all my shopping at outlets. And Old Navy.

First confession: I don't know how to knot, and I can't type! New confession: your dog is adorable! Name?
  • Options
    Hi there!

My team is the Yankees, so we didn't have much to be excited about this year.  I'm rooting for the Royals because, underdogs.

I have never been happy with my purchases from NY&Co or The Limited.  I'm a big fan of the J Crew Factory.  Most of my work stuff is from there and has held up pretty well for the last couple of years.  Ann Taylor (again, I shop at the outlet) is also good.  No shame in outlet shopping at all-- I always check the outlets before buying stuff at the retail store.  Some of my favorite stuff is from outlets.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    MLB talk.... Hunter pence annoys me, but I'd love him if he were a met!
  • Options
    Hi there!

My team is the Yankees, so we didn't have much to be excited about this year.  I'm rooting for the Royals because, underdogs.

I have never been happy with my purchases from NY&Co or The Limited.  I'm a big fan of the J Crew Factory.  Most of my work stuff is from there and has held up pretty well for the last couple of years.  Ann Taylor (again, I shop at the outlet) is also good.  No shame in outlet shopping at all-- I always check the outlets before buying stuff at the retail store.  Some of my favorite stuff is from outlets.

Howdy! Yankees fans have hurt my feelings, specifically from 2001 forward, but I'm over it and it's nice to meet you! Are you from the tri-state area? I grew up in upstate ny and now live on Long Island. J Crew Factory is a good place to look! Dress pants are hard for me... I'm a little bootylicious and the fabric is just too clingy. Maybe I'll wear a dress for my interview! How do you all feel about Tory Burch? I have a few of her items, including a kickass pair of riding boots! MLB fans, do you like Kevin Burkhard? He was a mets commentator until this year, and we will definitely miss him!
  • Options
    lulu0405 said:
    Hi there!

Howdy! Yankees fans have hurt my feelings, specifically from 2001 forward, but I'm over it and it's nice to meet you! Are you from the tri-state area? I grew up in upstate ny and now live on Long Island. J Crew Factory is a good place to look! Dress pants are hard for me... I'm a little bootylicious and the fabric is just too clingy. Maybe I'll wear a dress for my interview! How do you all feel about Tory Burch? I have a few of her items, including a kickass pair of riding boots! MLB fans, do you like Kevin Burkhard? He was a mets commentator until this year, and we will definitely miss him!

There were paragraphs, I swear!
  • Options
    lulu0405 said:
    Hi there!

Yes, I grew up in NJ (although not born here).  I now work in Manhattan and live just on the other side of the Hudson in Jersey City.  So we aren't too far!

Dress pants are generally a challenge, I think.  I almost always prefer dresses to work instead of pants.  Do you have to wear a suit for your interview?  You can't go wrong with a skirt suit.  Or do a dress with a blazer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Yeah first to worst, but at least the Yankees didn't make the playoffs either.

My husband and I are also routing for the Royals. The Giants have won a couple WS recently.

• Options

Yeah first to worst, but at least the Yankees didn't make the playoffs either.

My husband and I are also routing for the Royals. The Giants have won a couple WS recently.

You are right, giants have won a ton! Can I get a what what for the mets.... Anyone? Bueller?
  • Options
    lulu0405 said:
    Hi there!

Yes, I grew up in NJ (although not born here).  I now work in Manhattan and live just on the other side of the Hudson in Jersey City.  So we aren't too far!

Dress pants are generally a challenge, I think.  I almost always prefer dresses to work instead of pants.  Do you have to wear a suit for your interview?  You can't go wrong with a skirt suit.  Or do a dress with a blazer.

I used to live in West New York, NJ. Most confusing address ever! I think I'll do a dress/blazer combo, thank you for the suggestion!
  • Options
    blabla89 said:

</blockquote Also, @blabla89‌, I'm still not over the 2006 Ncls. I might have (definitely) cried when Beltran struck out looking!
  • Options
    Hello! I don't watch baseball and have never been to NY & Co (I don't know if it's in Canada where I live), but I think you can never go wrong with places like Jcrew and Banana Republic for good work/interview clothes. I'm cheap and prefer H&M/Gap/Old Navy/Rietman's though ;) Zara also has really good quality blazers IMO.

____________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    I guess I grew up a Mets fan since my parents are, but I never cared much for baseball.
    Where upstate are you from? That can mean so many things! Lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    luckya23 said:
    I guess I grew up a Mets fan since my parents are, but I never cared much for baseball. Where upstate are you from? That can mean so many things! Lol

The Kingston area, which isn't really upstate at all!
  • Options

lulu0405 said:
    blabla89 said:

</blockquote Also, @blabla89‌, I'm still not over the 2006 Ncls. I might have (definitely) cried when Beltran struck out looking!

WTF boxes...Yeah I had totally forgot about that! Honestly I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I follow the cards because it's my duty as a missourian.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lulu0405 said:
    luckya23 said:
    I guess I grew up a Mets fan since my parents are, but I never cared much for baseball. Where upstate are you from? That can mean so many things! Lol

Totally not upstate!  Hudson Valley.  We just went camping there in August.  It's really beautiful (and a little hippie-tastic, which is awesome).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    lulu0405 said:

luckya23 said:

I guess I grew up a Mets fan since my parents are, but I never cared much for baseball.
    Where upstate are you from? That can mean so many things! Lol

Yay, I'm from Poughkeepsie!

• Options
    lulu0405 said:
    luckya23 said:

Totally not upstate!  Hudson Valley.  We just went camping there in August.  It's really beautiful (and a little hippie-tastic, which is awesome).

I've never been camping. Very shameful!
  • Options
    luckya23 said:
    luckya23 said:

Yay, I'm from Poughkeepsie!

We're practically neighbors! I used to ice skate in Poughkeepsie.
  • Options
    Are you having your wedding up here or somewhere else?
    Mine will be in FI's hometown near Binghamton. .. so even more upstate!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards