Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement Photo Pricing?

Hi Everyone! I'm curious if anyone is willing to share what they paid for engagement photos alone? I realize this is will vary from location to location... I'm really just looking for a ballpark idea here. I also realize that most people seem to have done these as part of a package with their wedding photos, but we are doing a destination wedding and will be using a local photog... So that doesn't work for us:( For what it's worth, we live in Austin, TX. Thanks a bunch!!!

Re: Engagement Photo Pricing?

• Hi @gisellex0 my engagement pics were apart of my wedding package which was an additional $150 for 90 minutes and 1 location; but we went way over our 90 minutes and he didn't up charge us. I live in Philly which is Very High Priced but I got my entire package or $1100 for 6 hours wedding day shoot and engagement shoot including photos on CD. 

I would suggest you look for deals/packages that work in your budget. We could not afford to pay $3500 and up for photos. We found our photographer at a wedding expo and he offered a discount. Good Luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My package included a 90 minute engagement photo session, we asked the consultant if it was possible to remove the session (we wanted to hire my sister for the day instead), and they were able to remove them and knocked about $200 off our package, so they would have been $200 for the 90 minutes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks for the input! Those figures seem much more appropriate to me than the quotes we are getting back (anywhere between $650-$1200 for a 90 minute engagement session) I'll have to explore some other options and hopefully find some better pricing :)
  • I suggest being honest about your budget.  I was able to talk some vendors down just by saying what our budget is.  

We didn't budget for engagement photos, but my sister in-law has a DSLR and a good eye for light so we asked her to take some photos.  They came out amazing.  Never hurts to look into people who just finished photography school for engagement photos.  They are always trying to expand their portfolios and after all of their training, they should be fairly decent at what they do.  But if you do go that route, you may have to have an idea of positioning/posing.  
  • I live on Cape Cod so everything here and in the Boston area is ridiculously expensive. Our engagement photos will be part of the package and we're paying $400 for 90 minutes (can vary) and a couple locations/outfits. Ultimately I know we probably could have found cheaper but the photos are so important to us, and I internet stalked this guy's photos of other people's weddings on their blogs and I can't find a bad one, so I"m hoping the price will be worth it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I paid $100 for my photos because a girl I've been friends with since preschool did them for me. It included 50 save the dates and a CD of all of the edited images. I was literally just looking at photography wedding packages just now, and I noticed that a lot of places in my area are charging $400 for engagement pictures! I was a little shocked. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't technically pay as the engagement photos were a part of our package with our photographer in New York ( http://blog.bdembowski.com/ ), but had we not booked our photographer for our wedding, they would have been $300. No time limit had been discussed. Our shoot lasted about 90 minutes, and our photographer Brittany had asked us at the end if there were any additional shots we wanted.
  • Our engagement photos were $95 to shoot 90 mins/80 edited photos, plus $300 to get a CD and rights to print.

If we had gotten them through our wedding photographer they would have been $450 for the same time/number of photos, including a USB drive and rights to print.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In the Boston area here and our engagement shoot was an add on to our photography package--$300 for a 3 hour session and $75 print credit (Amor as Art Photography). Love her! Two of my friends have booked her for their weddings based on my recommendation of how amazing she is.
  • Mine were 125.00. 
    Got 10 edited images, unlimited shooting time, and locations. 
    Also got 25% off any picture packages since I booked my boudoir session with them.
  • $350 for two hours and multiple outfit changes but we ended up shooting for close to three.  It was so much fun!
  • dave1photodave1photo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2015
    There's a distinct benefit for the photographer, you meet and learn about your customers. Today's business has to be "relationship based".  Gone are the days when you got a specific amount for every service item.  Those days are gone.  Today you need to bring a wedding couple along with offers that you would have charged for in the "old days".  One of these is engagement shoots.  There's no better way to really meet and get to know your wedding customers than in an engagement shoot. 

(edited by mod)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards