Chit Chat

Let's talk about cheese

I'm in a torrid love affair....with cheese.  

Tonight I'm making Cheesy Potato Soup, and I'm eating more than a little cheese in the process.

I'm a sucker for Extra Sharp Cheddar, especially if it's Tillamook brand.  Trader Joe's has a Blueberry Chèvre that's awesome. 

What are your favorite cheeses?

Re: Let's talk about cheese

• I've never met a cheese I didn't like.

Goat cheese, farm cheese, good old cheddar cheese. mmmmmmm. 

• I can't even choose a favorite. I love ALL cheeses. Hard and soft. Stinky, smell, mild, crumbly. I'll eat all of it. Mmmm. 

• @SmileDamnit I promise I didn't see you say that! haha

• I love sharp cheddar, havarti, muenster, and pretty much every cheese. Cheese is the best.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh em gee. I love this thread. I freakin love cheese. I can't even think about trying to play favorites, because they're all so good in different ways. Smoked gouda when I'm having cheese and meat and wine, goat cheese in salads, swiss, pepperjack, or extra sharp cheddar on burgers. And brie and camembert for dipping with bread...

ZOMG. How could I have forgotten burrata?! Yes- burrata is probably my most favorite cheese! Mmmmm hungry now.
    imageimage">
  • Oh, and thank you for reminding me to buy crumbled goat cheese today!! I love to put in my scrambled eggs. 
  • martha1818martha1818 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2014

Yesss cheese! The one reason I will never be able to be vegan.

My favourites are any of the aged sharp cheddars by Balderson. I also love smoked cheddar and gouda. I love to cook with parmesan, it has so many uses! I also love goat cheese especially on salads and pizza.

There are two cheeses that I just can't get on board with: feta (too salty) and blue.

ETA: Totally forgot about brie! I looove it with some type of jam on top, or baked with carmelized onions and mushrooms. Yuuum.

____________________________________________________________________________________

• Tillamook extra sharp is my favorite everyday go to has to be in the house cheese. 

The only cheese I don't like is gummy processed fake cheese. Is that even cheese, or just cheese flavored stuff? 

All other cheeses, go. I think my favorite is very fresh handmade mozzerella. Or maybe Stilton. Or Gorgonzola. Never mind. It's like choosing a favorite song or book. How can there be only one choice out of so many beautiful things?
  • Our wedding venue manager gave us a friendly and polite heads up that perhaps our menu was a little heavy on the cheese. We said, "There's no such thing as too much cheese."

Of everything I've ever tried, I only dislike blue cheese. 

On DH's last birthday we went to a wine bar, and we ordered only wine and this amazing cheese / charcuterie (spelling?) platter. It was all Italian-made. Amazeballs. 

• I love all cheese! I think my favorite is goat cheese, though.
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014

Yesss cheese! The one reason I will never be able to be vegan.

My favourites are any of the aged sharp cheddars by Balderson. I also love smoked cheddar and gouda. I love to cook with parmesan, it has so many uses! I also love goat cheese especially on salads and pizza.

There are two cheeses that I just can't get on board with: feta (too salty) and blue.

ETA: Totally forgot about brie! I looove it with some type of jam on top, or baked with carmelized onions and mushrooms. Yuuum.

I agree with you on the bleu, but I do like feta, especially in salads.  And mmm, brie!  I forgot about it too!  This makes me want to open up my leftover wine from last night.

ETA: because in my excitement about cheese I added too many exclamation points.  

• I LOVE cheese. 

I love bacon cheddar and unexpected cheddar - both from TJ's. I love Manchego cheese. Smoked gouda is one of my faves. 

I used to go to Whole Foods every week when I was younger, and purchase a new cheese. The obsession is real.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Oh and I also remembered manchego. Love manchego! I used to have a habit that I learned from my uncle. He would cut up a thin slice of manchego and put it on toast with raspberry jelly. Best breakfast ever!
    imageimage">
  • I love so many cheeses! The only ones I'm not a huge fan of are bleu cheese and goat cheese. We are serving mac & cheese for one of our sides at the reception. I would say it's probably one of the top 3 things I am most excited about for our wedding day.
  • CHEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!!

I love all cheese. Top picks are Dubliner, smoked gouda, and all manner of goat. Holy shit, it's all so damn good. I'm really into the small-batch, locally farmed, high quality stuff, but I'd be lying to your face if I didn't admit that I'm also happy to put processed American cheese on a grilled cheese, and I love Kraft Mac-n-Cheese more than I should admit as an adult. But there it is. I love all cheese.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Cheese is my love language and my BFF. Nobody's ever there for me the way cheese is. 

If I had to pick one favorite, it's probably brie. All by itself, baked with some cranberries and rosemary, in a quesadilla with turkey and sliced green apples... it's a glorious being that deserves songs to be sung about it.

I had some amazing tater tots with bleu cheese sauce on Saturday, so ya'll can just stay away from my bleu cheese, that's fine by me. I'll trade you for havarti with dill and pepperjack. Those are both crimes against cheese.

I ate more manchego in Spain that I'm proud to admit. I bought a whole package and just sat on the hotel bed snacking on manchego and iberico ham like a shameful fatty. But it was so, so good.

Goat cheese in a spinach salad with avocado and grapefruit... or with cherry preserves on a Wheat Thin when it's 1am and I'm too hungry to sleep. Aged white cheddar on a bison burger. Havarti with horseradish on roast beef pastrami... Lord have mercy.

• I love me some good pepper jack or mozzarella on a hamburger.  
    Swiss is not good on its own but give it some ham and it gets SO.MUCH.BETTER. 
    I don't know what kind of cheese queso is made of, but whatever it is, I like that. 
    BRIE is my favorite ever. FI doesn't like it, it's too mild for him, but I swear I could eat an entire round in a sitting. (I know this because I've done this.) I think I might make baked brie with strawberry jam and puff pastry on Friday and sit outside and give the kiddies crappy candy and eat all the brie. 
    FI bought Tillamook extra sharp cheddar for the snowpocalype (the one that locked ATL and BHM down so hard) last winter and it went in a hashbrown casserole. And then we wound up having to get BACK out because we ate all the leftover cheese and needed more for chili for the next day.
    I am not super adventurous with cheese, sadly, but FI's had me try gouda and muenster. They were good. 
    I will never ever try bleu cheese of any kind. Nope no thank you I won't do it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I was wondering when @lolo883 was going to comment on this! She is the cheese ambassador of TK!
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I thought you guys would enjoy this.  This is what my SO did to his pizza the other night (sorry for the blur).  I was like "Babe, I think that's too much.  Think about your cholesterol!"  

His response: "There's never enough cheese!!!"  

It was like Cheese-ception.

Edited: because words

• My fav is swiss. I love trying all different kinds, especially in fondue form.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't eat cheese at a meal. That, along with some form of bread/tortilla.

• I love all cheeses. Especially cheeses from the Mediterranean countries: manchego, idiazabal, feta, mozzarella, tomino, burrata, parmigiana, pecorino, halloumi... I can go on and on...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929 said:
    I love all cheeses. Especially cheeses from the Mediterranean countries: manchego, idiazabal, feta, mozzarella, tomino, burrata, parmigiana, pecorino, halloumi... I can go on and on...
    Can you just come whisper these in my ear?

• I have been known to eat goat cheese out of the packet with a spoon. I'm disgusting.

I used to work at a steakhouse that served a sirloin with a goat cheese and pecan topper and a red wine reduction that I ate almost every day. They also had a warm goat cheese, toasted almond, and bruschetta mix appetizer they served with crostinis that was SO GOOD.

I could probably go vegan if it weren't for goat cheese. I love it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cheese is my love language and my BFF. Nobody's ever there for me the way cheese is. 

If I had to pick one favorite, it's probably brie. All by itself, baked with some cranberries and rosemary, in a quesadilla with turkey and sliced green apples... it's a glorious being that deserves songs to be sung about it.

I had some amazing tater tots with bleu cheese sauce on Saturday, so ya'll can just stay away from my bleu cheese, that's fine by me. I'll trade you for havarti with dill and pepperjack. Those are both crimes against cheese.

I ate more manchego in Spain that I'm proud to admit. I bought a whole package and just sat on the hotel bed snacking on manchego and iberico ham like a shameful fatty. But it was so, so good.

Goat cheese in a spinach salad with avocado and grapefruit... or with cherry preserves on a Wheat Thin when it's 1am and I'm too hungry to sleep. Aged white cheddar on a bison burger. Havarti with horseradish on roast beef pastrami... Lord have mercy.

I was going to comment, but my love profession for cheese will never be as good as Lolo's.  

Never met a cheese i didn't like, ever.  I LOVE CHEESE.
  • I LOVE cheese. I prefer the sharp and crumbly kind the best but will eat it all. I like blue cheese on a salad but that's about all. And I like feta cheese in pasta and lasagna.

Last night Fi was reheating leftover Alice Springs Chicken for me because I hadn't kept any food down all day and that actually sounded good. He asked if I wanted him to add extra cheese and I said of course. Well he brings it to me and says, "Here, I made it with extra love." I asked, "With extra cheese?" "Fi replied, "No, extra love." I just looked at him and smiled, "Same thing."

• AHH now I want some brie baked with pesto. I could eat that all day every day forever. 

• Ohhhhhh my god I love cheese. My absolutely favorites are brie and Kerrygold reserve cheddar. Or just basically the sharpest possible cheddar. Mmmmmmm. 
  • @lolo883 Do you ever make brie and basil sandwiches? I love them to death, especially in the summer. Just spread some cold brie on a baguette sliced down the middle, then cover it with sliced tomato and basil leaves. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards