Wedding Woes

i need to complain

i've been sick for about a week. it's nothing major, just a cough and sore throat. when does it get bad? when i want to sleep, of course! dr is all "it's viral", so i've only been taking nyquil (aka cherry vodka) to go to sleep. i've been double dosing but last night it did not work at all. i just coughed for a few hours and then it was time to wake up. that time could have been better spent watching tv.

maybe tonight i will just get drunk.

Re: i need to complain

• I don't have this, but every farking member of my family does.  I can't sleep through any of them. assholes.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2014
    I had that for about 2 weeks or so.  I have codeine (that my doc gave me for it), but it honestly didn't do much...once it wore off, I woke up groggy and coughing (I hate narcotics, they never really fix my issue and they make me so loopy).  DefConn still has it and is waking me at least once a night with his coughing.  No fever, no consistent runny nose...Just an occasional cough that makes him sound like he's smoking 2 packs a day. 
  • Have you tried equal parts honey, lemon juice, and bourbon?  That tends to work for me when I have nighttime coughing/sore throat.  The bourbon fills in for the Nyquil, the honey and lemon help your throat.  Are you taking a decongestant?  If not, that will help clear a lot of the junk away and hopefully prevent (or at least reduce) the sore throat and coughing.

Sorry, I'm getting all "let me fix your problems" instead of "you are right to complain because that totally sucks."  Either/or.
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

Edited for clarity...

Are you clear or colored FOR SNOT/BOOGERS/MUCUS?  If you've got colored (yellow, neon, crimson, etc.), there's some nasty stuff and not viral that it could indicate (did they even bother to do a strep test???) because colored mucus has been known to indicate presence of infection when actually cultured...  I've got a resistant strain of bacteria that my body pretty much tossed up the white flag and said "I got noth'n" - chronic sinus infections, no fevers, etc...  Thing is, it took the ENT doing a culture to find this out because it would never go away. 

But if what they told you to take isn't giving you symptom relief so you can get some rest you need to try something else or call in...

• MesmrEwe said:

Are you clear or colored?  If your colored, there's some nasty stuff 

• hmonkey said:
    MesmrEwe said:

Are you clear or colored?  If your colored, there's some nasty stuff 

Not to mention factually incorrect, not that it's ever mattered before.
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/11-health-myths-that-may-surprise-you/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
  • i also need to complain that orla kiely is coming back to target WITH LUGGAGE and none of you said anything.  
  • And a yoga mat, hmo. I did see it and think of you.
  • hmonkey said:
    dr office did ask "have you been out of the country in the past few months?" 

"no, but these birds i just got from sierra leone are coughing something awful, too."
    so you have bird flu with just a touch of ebola? 
  • Heffalump said:
    hmonkey said:
    MesmrEwe said:

Are you clear or colored?  If your SNOT - MUCOUS - BOOGERS are colored, there's some nasty stuff 

Not to mention factually incorrect, not that it's ever mattered before.
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/11-health-myths-that-may-surprise-you/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
    Auto-immune issues bring a whole different dynamic into the discussion - it's not always a virus!!  It's only a fever if your body is trying to fight something.. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards