Attire & Accessories Forum

Where are you getting your wedding jewelry?

Where are you getting your wedding jewelry?  Your necklaces and bracelets and earrings... 

Professional jewelry retailer?  (Kay/Jared...)
Online?  (Where?  Are you buying something "real" or just something to look nice for one day?)
Borrowing them?  (For sentimental reasons?  Or because you know someone that just-so-happens to have something that works perfect?)
Other?

Re: Where are you getting your wedding jewelry?

• I'm going to try to get whatever I can from Macy's because when we registered there we got a 15% off coupon.

That being said, I have no clue what will match my dress, so who knows where it will actually come from.

• edited October 2014
    I wore a bracelet of my grandma's as my "something old," and my earrings were a Sorelli design from Perfect Details - with DH's blue birthstone to wear as my "something blue."

• I've found bridal jewelry to be incredibly overpriced for what you get. I bought my earrings and hair piece off Etsy because I had something specific in mind. My backup earrings were $12 from a store in the mall though. I'm watching my budget - I guess if I had unlimited funds I'd buy something fancy (and real) for some serious coin! 
  • I forget where I got my earrings.   I didn't wear a necklace.  My family as a close relationship with a jeweler.  He allowed me to borrow  a diamond bracelet to wear.  Then DH told me on the wedding day it was mine to keep.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Necklace was what my fiance grandmother wore, then when her son got married, she passed it to his bride, and my MIL is passing it to me. Then adding the pendant my mom wore.

Earrings - sticking with my tried and true Anatometal labret backed barbell as I have none smaller than a 10 g. Got some KAOS star shaped o-rings that may be my something blue. I have threatened to wear my Fractal captives in my bottom three lobes. But probably not worth the grandma raised eyebrows.

Sticking with Anatometal for my body jewelry, Neometal in my nasal four.

Bracelet - never found one I liked enough and carrying a brooch bouquet so figured it wasn't needed.
  • My necklace and earrings are from my bridal salon. I wouldn't have purchased them there, as they were incredibly expensive, but I wasn't the one paying for it. It was a gift to me from my FMIL. Otherwise, I would have looked at etsy probably. 

• atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    First of all, necklace and bracelet and earrings is probably too much.  Just because it exists doesn't mean all of it should be worn at once.  Especially with an embellished dress, tiara, sparkly comb, etc.

That being said, I wore a small bracelet and earrings from Creations Georgianni.

My borrowed and something blue was the sapphires in my sorority badge.  I borrowed a close friend's badge and had it clipped to a ribbon in my bouquet.
  • I bought my Adriana Orsini earrings from Saks. My bracelet was borrowed from the friend of a friend, and I didn't wear a necklace. My hairpiece came from Charming Charlie's. 
  • We got my earrings, bracelet, and necklace from Nordstrom.   FI bought them for me as my "something new". 

• I bought my stuff online from Overstock Jewelers. 
  • I got a pearl set at Sears. Bracelet, necklace and studs.
  • I got my earrings, necklace, and braclet from a bridal salon, but not where I bought my dress. They were overpriced, but they were what I was looking for and a gift from my mom. My dress had a removable lace jacket, so during the reception I changed the jacket for the necklace.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I bought my hairpiece from the bridal salon, because I wanted to make sure the white/ivory color went well with my dress.

I bought my earrings on Etsy. They look like the kind of thing you get at a bridal salon, but were about a quarter the price, and also EXACTLY what I wanted.

I bought 2 bracelets (rhinestone tennis bracelets) or Overstock.com. And one bracelet (pearl and rhinestone) on Etsy. I'm wearing all 3 on one wrist. I figure the tennis bracelets I'll wear again, but nothing else. 

No necklace. 
  • I wore a necklace, earrings, and a bracelet. They were all pieces that I already owned and they served as my something old. I don't normally wear costume jewelry so it seemed silly to me to wear it on my wedding day. 
  • I bought mine from Nordstrom. The brand was Nadri.
  • Meh555Meh555 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2014
    I bought My bridal jewelry from Lord & Taylor, bridesmaid gifts from Blue Nile.
  • I saw some nice (costume level) stuff at Macy's, Dillard's, etc, but I ended up buying from Swarovski... we are doing formal, so using the real deal jewelry would have run the as much as the venue, lol! but Swarovski has really pretty, sparkly, not going to turn your skin green jewelry. 
  • My jewelry are items that were given to me as gifts from my FILs when I first met them, welcoming me into the family before we were even engaged. They were so accepting and the jewelry so beautiful and different that I'm wearing them on my wedding day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was thinking about looking at Nordstrom Rack or a department store. I don't need anything real, although I have been hinting for 2 years that I would like a nice pair of diamond studs. So who knows maybe I will get them for Christmas this year and I can wear those. 

I haven't decided if I should wear a necklace or not, but plan on earrings and a bracelet. 
  • I have a sweetheart strapless dress and it's really ornate, so I won't be wearing a necklace. I treated myself to a pair of Tiffany's earrings and that's my something new. I want to wear a pearl bracelet. My mom has a lot of jewelry, so I'm hoping she has the perfect bracelet and that'll be the perfect something borrowed. 
  • I may bought my wedding dresses online but never wedding jewelry.I will bought them from professional jewelry retailer.
  • My earrings are a pair of diamond studs my mother has provided (something old and borrowed) and a pair of pearl earrings a coworker made.

My necklace is a Tiffany bow necklace my FI gave me.

A bracelet I am wearing is one a coworker made (the same one who made my earrings).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I have a double strand pearl necklace that was my Grandma's that I'm wearing (something old). I'm borrowing a pearl bracelet from a friend, and got some simple pearl drop earrings from Charming Charlie.
  • I'm borrowing some jewelry from my mom.  I think I'm going to borrow my great-grandmother's pearls that my mom has (my engagement ring also belonged to my great grandmother), and diamond earrings of my moms
  • My mom's pearls didn't go with my dress (champagne colored dress) and the style of the pearls didn't go with the style & color of the dress. The same went for her costume stuff. I eneded going to Charming Charlies & getting stuff and it went great. For the price, if I never wear it again, I don't care. Also wouldn't have been upset if anything happened to it like losing an earring.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards