Oregon

Country Themed Decorations

My fiance and I are doing an outdoor/country theme for our wedding. Nothing too serious, not looking to purchase wagon wheels and make a million chalkboards and whatnot. I was wondering if anyone knows any stores where I could find countryish themed decorations? Like.... old fashioned metal dairy containers, cute watering cans,  etc?

Or, if you have some good suggestions for decorations that aren't too over the top or pricey (we're on a pretty tight budget!). Other then making pinwheels and incorporating some burlap, I'm not sure how to bring out the country theme in this wedding! :-(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Country Themed Decorations

• There's a gal who rents mason jars & antique glass containers in Portland:

I have seen lots of ideas for making mason jar chandeliers and whatnot that could hang from trees (probably using LED lights instead of candles would be a better idea).

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I shot a country wedding last summer where the bride made almost all her own decorations. She had some really creative ideas! She used vintage suitcases, tree stumps to mount her centerpieces and scrabbles pieces on her cake topper. She also had an adorable hand  painted canvas flag with owls on it and a wonderful assortment of trail mix items that her guest could help themselves to in their own mini burlap snack pouches! You can check out my blog here to see all the photos: http://www.hazelwoodphotoblog.com/?p=761

• I'm doing the same thing, and I have actually gotten most of my stuff from etsy. I'm not overly crafty myself, but I still wanted personalized stuff. I have a tree stump for a cake stand, dried grape vines into a "C" for my topper, wooden hearts with our initials burned in them (like a carving on a tree) for my bouquet, you get the point. :) I'm on a tight budget, too, so I was happy to find something that suited our personalities and theme for cheap!

Otherwise I know a lot of people who got mason jars and neat vases from goodwill. I got my candles & vases from Ikea for a great price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards