Attire & Accessories Forum

DRESS BOUGHT!! veil or no veil...

Opinions please..

I bought my dress a couple weekends ago. I am debating: veil or no veil..

Personnally, i find veils 'tacky'. However, the sales associate put a tiny veil on and i must say it was way better that i imagined it.

Here is a pic of my dress. What you girls think?

Re: DRESS BOUGHT!! veil or no veil...

• Your dress is gorgeous! I think it would look just fine without a veil. If you don't want one, don't wear one. 
  • A veil doesn't have to be a multi-layer, super poofy style or one with tons of lace or bling. They can be very understated if that fits your style more. 

I think a fingertip, single layer veil would look stunning with that dress. I like the ones that connect to the back of an updo - not sure what they're called. Something like this:
    *********************************************************************************

• Veil all the way! But go for Chapel length, good quality and sew tiny bolts into the bottom where it doesn't show to stop it blowing away in the wind....

Read my Blog at http://bridechiller.blogspot.co.uk/

• Beautiful dress :)  You can definitely go either way.  If you're wearing your hair down I would probably say no veil.  If you're wearing it up, a small veil might look nice.  Another option to consider is a small tiara with some veil-action coming out of it. 

http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2011/05/joachim-brudkl.jpg

Good Luck!

• This one is up to you...if you like the look of a viel go with it, if not no biggie!  However I have never thought of a viel as tacky so don't worry about that...
  • I went for a just a simple, single layer, elbow length veil for the cermony and pictures and ditched it before the reception.   I'm not a huge veil fan, but felt it was part of the "look" and only time you're going to wear one.    I think you/your dress will look great either way! 

• Where are you getting married? A veil would look great with that dress, but if you don't want one, that's totally okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• If you do one, I agree with PP that a single layer would be the prettiest, to allow the corset back to show through.  That's what I plan to do with mine - and it'll come off after the ceremony.

• I don't like veils, but they're definitely not tacky. I think you might mean costume-y. I think a blingy comb would be nice with your dress.
  • You could wear a veil for the ceremony and then ditch it.  Or even purchase one off Etsy or eBay for a reasonable price and decide day of.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards