African American Weddings

drama drama drama

where do I begin.

1. The Pastor double booked on our wedding day. This was my biggest fear and it came true. I told Kelvin to call and set up an appointment but nooooooooo he forgets. I guess the pastor figured we called off the wedding or something bcuz he hadnt heard from us in a few months but it's like I didnt know we needed monthly updates to let him know what our status was. We told him the date that should be good enough. Ive been fighting with myself if I should be upset or not but I dont want God to punish me for getting pissed with a pastor lol. idk what to feel he says he'll try to do both or have another pastor do it. I'm just not satisfied with that answer at all. We came first!!!! so what her wedding is going to be at ur house.... WE CAME FIRST!!!!! (exhale)

2a. his brother and family are dicks!!!! the deadline to get suits fitted was Oct. 4th tell me why NONE of his family has gotten their suits fitted and all my family and friend in the wedding has. It takes 5 minutes and a 20 dollar deposit and none of them have gotten it fitted. they knew this 2 months ago they could have put 20 bucks down and paid 20 dollars a week to pay off the 160. Now these idiots wanna cry that theyre broke!

2b. the worst is his brother who is supposed to be his best man....first he tells us it's our responsibility to make him get his tux fitted. I was like " You are a grown ass man. There is no need for me to tell you what you already know you need to do". Then after finding out the suit had to be paid in full by the end of Nov.  He tells us that he wont be getting his tux and that he is more important then us and will be spending his money on an outfit for his 22nd birthday party instead. so our wedding isnt priority but yet he wants my fiance to come to his 22nd birthday at a club. if Kelvin goes I swear we will have a problem, I was beyond pissed when he said that and when I told my FI to find a new best man his brother just shrugged it off as if he doesnt care.

my fiance is one of the kindest ppl on the planet... I kid you not he is the absolute sweetest person Ive ever met in my life. So for his family not to be there hurts me bcuz I know it hurts him. there is so much more going on I just want to break down and cry but I know crying wont change a thing,,,,, I'm just ready for all of this to be over!!!!

Re: drama drama drama

• 1a.  :D   Hugs.   This really will go by fast, I hope that you can find some peace in the time that remains and that it doesn't affect enjoyment of what is such a wonderful time. 

1b.  I told Kelvin to call and set up an appointment

guh I got stuck right here.   sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but you said the pastor already had your date, in which case, if it was booked, what did ya'll need an appointment to do?

2.   will be spending his money on an outfit for his 22nd birthday party instead

I'm not saying this is justification for his irresponsibility, but dude the guy is 21 and he's acting like 21 year olds act.  Having to remind not one but several grown men what they need to do is something women have had to come to terms with their whole lives and it downright sucks and you shouldn't even come close to having to do it but not doing it gets you headaches.  they still have time to take care of what they need to but you're gonna need support from hubbylish to round them up on a field trip and see the damn tailor for one hour.  Do you know how much organization it takes to plan a birthday party at a nightlclub?  A LOT, so it's clear that he's capable.  Kelvin needs to lie to his squad and tell em they're going someplace fun, get the tahoe or navi, round everybody up and handle the shit in a day.   sorry, this is sounding a little personal LOL, it's not I just hate raggedy preventable stuff upsetting the bride.

3.  revisiting the pastor issue - when you are of calm voice and mind, call him up.  say what you said here, your wedding was first in terms of reservation, could he suggest an alternate plan for bride number 2 (if it's at did you say HIS house? then in theory it doesn't have a hard set in stone start time) see if you can have him work with her on that.   It might be shitty and/or blasphemous but I'd also say something about how our Father loves a man who keeps his word.   If that fails, build a bridge and get right over it with a different pastor because one monkey won't stop this show. 

Hugs, kisses and Ice Cream.   I want an update, ya'll come in here carrying on and don't nobody ever say what happened!!!  lol.
  • yes I told him to call and make an appointment with him to go over readings, scriptures and all that other holly stuff we will be doing at the ceremony... but he didnt do it in a timely manner. so Pastor forgot about us and dbl booked... I will be calling 2moro my dress fitting is today I'm already a hot ball of messy nerves(gained weight scared my dress wont fit)... so the last thing I need right now is any other wedding irritation.

and yeah I know his brother is an immature little man but everyone knows right from wrong and what he said is just wrong. I went thru the headache with my bridesmaids all I want is for Kelvin to handle this. I have soooooooo much other shit on my plate I cant be bother but who ends up stressing with a headache over these damn suits ME!!!!! but thats a good idea on jumpin in the car and going on a "fun" little trip...

I will update you all later on what happens... pinky promise

• Woo chile.  I am going to woosah for you.  WOOSAH!!!   What you just reminded me about is that no cares about your wedding but you.  See my control freakness is going to come out big time and like you I am not going to be happy nor tolerate much stupidity as my wedding nears. Lord knows I've waited to long for the day for avoidable mess ups.  Seems like you aren't asking for advice just venting.  So go on and vent.  We all need to do that sometimes.  

I will be looking for your update post.  Hang in there it will be over and behind you before you know it.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• The double booking is totally the pastor's fault. You don't have to stay in his face to make sure the wedding remains booked. Have you talked to your pastor about a plan of action? He needs to call the other bride asap and apologize and see if they wouldn't mind a different date or something. It will all work out though. Stay calm. 

As for the guys not getting their stuff together...They are guys what can I say lol. Men are not as sharp as we are. Some Married friends have told me, the guys will wait till the last minute to get their stuff. I guess you'll just have to stay on them. I agree with sultryzulu, get your FH's help and take care of it. 

and your future brother-in-law sounds very selfish. No offense.
  • Update: the pastor is going to do it. Our wedding starts at 3 the other brides wedding starts at 4. The venue is 10 minutes from his house. So yeah he's just gonna have to put the pedal to the metal and get there
  • Glad everything works out. :)
  • Update: the pastor is going to do it. Our wedding starts at 3 the other brides wedding starts at 4. The venue is 10 minutes from his house. So yeah he's just gonna have to put the pedal to the metal and get there
    Haha!  Pastor will do what he's gotta do.  He may be sweating up a storm for the second bride but hey...

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Hey! as long as he's at my wedding I dont care lol
  • Lol! Exactly 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards